What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Temperate vs. Tropical Sundews & Pings

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Would tropical CP's be more prone to shock than temperates... and why?

Hmmm, in my limited experience I'd have to say the temperates suffer more shock.  Why?

Well when I get plants in the mail, I typically cover them with a ziploc baggy for a few days (up to a week or two depending on my patience :p ) and growth seems to not even be stunted on the tropical species.  On Sarrs and VFTs tho, it takes a full two weeks or so before growth kicks back in.

This is personal experience only, take it with a large grain of salt!  
smile_n_32.gif

I would have argued the other way, also based on limited experience. 2 years ago I took a nice, adjusted D. capensis (make sure spelling is correct!) from a 70 degree window sill to 15 degree outside to 25 degree car to 70 degree lab. By lunch, nearly all of the leaves withered. It took a week before I saw a new leaf emerge. (Please - no comments about the stupidity!) Would a VFT or Sarracenia or Cobra Lily have shrugged it off or done the same?

Back