What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some CP Photos

dec21st014-copy.jpg

S. x excellens, courtesy of Mike King;

dec20th1042-copy-copy.jpg

H. pulchella 'Chimanta';

dec21st082-copy-copy.jpg

Again;

dec21st067-copy.jpg

D. venusta;

dec21st057-copy.jpg

D. erythrorhiza ssp. imbecilla- a strange looking plant;

dec21st107-copy.jpg

P. rotundiflora. Hard to believe that something that looks like this massacres flies all summer long!

dec21st135-copy.jpg

P. hererophylla- bizarre winter 'onion';

dec20th1027-copy.jpg

B. lamellata- recently germinated using GA3;

dec20th1018-copy.jpg

B. gigantea- showing no signs of slowing down, despite the coldness and lack of sunlight. This is new growth from the base of the plant. The main stem's about 2 1/2 feet high!

Wow! Beautiful plants. You have some nice byblis there!

Thanks for sharing your pics.
smile.gif

Very nice plants!

smile.gif
Wow very very beautiful plants and i just love the H. pulchella 'Chimanta' and the D. erythrorhiza ssp. imbecilla is a very cute little plant, how long did it take to germinate that one??
Thank you for sharring with us..
smile_m_32.gif
smile.gif

Thanks for the kind comments.

Hi Barracuda,
The erythrorhiza is a tuberous species. I received two tubers in August. The larger one produced a larger plant that flowered in October. I tried to photograph that specimen, but the photos kept coming out blurred for some reason. The plant in the photo sprouted from the smaller tuber. I've no idea whether it will get any bigger this year before it goes dormant. The H pulchella is one of my favourite plants. I received it last spring as H. minor 'Chimanta', but it has, luckily for me, recently been reclassified as a separate species. I think it's smaller than H minor. Most of the adult pitchers on my plant are around 4cm tall.

Cheers,

Greg

smile.gif
Thank you very very much Greg Allan the D. erythrorhiza is just the cutest little plant ever..
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Dec. 23 2005,5:13)]is the "onion" edible?
Why would anyone what to eat their CP specimen?

Well said. I like my heterophylla too much to consider eating it!

Back