What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 interesting stories

• Thread starter lol
  • Start date

lol

BANNED
http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=2434192005

http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/360/16654_mutation.html

Half apes and half plants.  Amazing if true.  
confused.gif

I'd have to say BS all the way. I believe the first article may have been an idea but the other one
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
. NO WAY!!!
Looks like your classic tabloid to me and if you look at the other stories on that site you'll understand why I don't give it credit:

Moskovsky Komsomolets
PRAVDA.Ru Furious squirrels attack stray dog and tear it to pieces
PRAVDA.Ru Ukrainian tourist agencies offer tours to Chernobyl and the surrounding area
PRAVDA.Ru Six-fingered cursed androgyne swills vodka
PRAVDA.Ru Centaurs appeared after copulation between humans and animals

Sorry mate,

Zac

The cactus/thorn one sounds like the national Enquirer..its a hoax.
and Stalin's half-apes?
interesting idea!
apart from the fact that its biologically impossible, it could have happened!
biggrin.gif

Scot

I can only see hypertrichosis as authentic, as it is a well documented mutation, dating back to at least the 16th century in Europe and Asia (Leroi, A.M., Mutants: On the form, varieties & errors of the human body, 2003).

I beleive the Stalin thing actually happened, and the scientist involved was forced to quite after an international outcry (when the secret leeked out).

The other story is so poorly written it almost has to be false.

I love the bit about "she is very fond of pot plants." LMAO.

I think the one about tourist agencies offering tours of Chernobly and the surrounding areas is true.

I also agree with that one but I posted it as not to be biased
smile.gif

Zac

I'm gonna say bull all the way... althought who knows...
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The girl was fond of pot plants and devoted much time to looking after her plants.
*snicker*

The stalin thing is perfects plausible, and I believe it's true. All those communists like Hitler were way out there, crazy like. Don't know about the plant mutation though...

It's True! It's True! I woke up this morning and my mouth hurt. I went to the mirror and opened my mouth. MY TONGUE HAS BECOME A VICIOUS FLY TRAP!! It snaps at everything. HELP ME! help me!

What a load, but funny. As far as the Stalin thing. This is an actual disease, but it has been around since before stalin. That are many strange disorders. They happen in the animal and plant world as well.

Lol,
Hitler was not a communist. Get back to your history lessons, young man!

Sorry bout that. Hitler was not a communist
smile.gif

LMAO!

Ah, so that is why she thought she was turning into a cactus
smile_m_32.gif

LOL good one.

theres a magical thing called chromizomes ( i murdered the spelling) For grafting you need to get two spieces with the same amount of chromizomes and enough cell compatability( malus + malus, Prunus+ prunus, malus+prunus: the graft
dies) For breeding you also need two spieces ( does not need to be the same) to be compatable and the same amount of chromizomes.

thats why we now have ligers

thats why we now have chery/plum/apricot/necterine/peach trees

That why the girl turn into a cactus

laugh.gif
bs

Back