What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

screen shots, how to?

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
whats a good program for taking screen shots?

You don't really need one.

You can hit the print screen button (prtScn) on the keyboard, then open up ms paint. Go to edit and click paste.

At that point I save it, and open it in a different graphics program to do any cropping.

You could probably do everything in the final editing software if you make a new file that is the same dimensions as your screen, ms paint just auto sizes to the object you are pasting.

iz must be stupid az i cant get that to work, any more ideas?

I don't know of any programs - it's a pretty standard procedure. Click the "Prnt Scrn" button on your keyboard, or, if you're on a laptop, you might need to hold down Fn or another button & the Prnt Scrn button. See this article for more.

~ Brett

Depending on the location of the PrtScn button on your keyboard, you may need to hit Ctrl or Alt with it. If you happen to have the microsoft office keyboard, make sure the F Lock is on.

Other then that, the only other program I know of is Ulead PhotoImpact, but that isn't a free program.

i figured out how to do what i wanted to do though its specific to the program i am using and wont work for others. i tried the Ctrl and Alt keys but it didnt work that way either. oh well, least i can get by. thanks for the help though.

hold down the alt key, then press the print screen key while alt is held down.
that should do it on 90% of computers..
then paste it into MS paint, or whatever you like..

Scot

As I don't do it in windows, I'm not sure about the tecnicalities of the "print screen" button. However, just going to google and typing something along the lines of "screenshot program" gives you a good number of results. I tried it and a number of free things came up, though I didn't have more time to investigate so I don't have any recommendations. Good luck!

Back