What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bowl

when is the superbowl?
I thought it was always in January??
you guys are talking like it hasnt happened yet..

but I dont remember anyone at work talking about it the last few weeks, so maybe it hasnt happened yet..weird...

confused,
Scot

Scotty, you can be confused if you want too. There is no law against it yet. However, tonight is the bowl, so I'm told. i won't even watch it myself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Feb. 05 2006,7:48)]when is the superbowl?

but I dont remember anyone at work talking about it the last few weeks, so maybe it hasnt happened yet..weird...

confused,
Scot
yer, kidding right?

It's on right now.

Steelers!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I predict Pittsburgh will win. By 11.

Wow Bruce! Amazing prediction!
smile_n_32.gif
Yipee! Steelers!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Feb. 05 2006,2:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Feb. 05 2006,7:48)]when is the superbowl?

confused,
Scot
yer, kidding right?

It's on right now.
ah! so it was yesterday!
(no, I wasnt kidding)
I didnt hear any hype this year!
normally you cant escape it.
(maybe there wasnt much local hype because the Bills werent involved this year..)

I read the paper every day Mon-Fri, but seldom get a Sunday paper..if I had yesterday it probably would have been on the front page and I would have learned of it...
no wonder the grocery store was mobbed at 4:00 yesterday afternoon..I gave up looking for a parking spot and left!
I couldnt figure out why it was so crowded!!
that explains it..
(I should have gone at 7:00! ;)

I just dont "get" football...never had one iota of interest my entire life...
my wife is very happy im not into football of golf!
smile_m_32.gif

I get major points for that!
all her married girlfriends are "football widows" or "golf widows"..

I would have watched the Stones though!!
I wish I had known they were going to be on..
how did they do??
Can Keith richards even stand up??
smile_n_32.gif

Scot

Keith Richards can barely stand up, lol. Apparently they(the NFL) censered their performance, according to AOL yesterday, but I did not even notice....
I am a AFC fan(the lowly Bills), but I have to be honest-I can't believe some of the calls the refs made against Seattle.

Cheers,

Joe

Joe, you're a Bills fan? How? Why? May ole Marv can buy us and offensive line again!

I hope so- at least he can't get rid of Travis Henry and Drew Bledsoe-that was done before the 2005 season. Nice move there...
How does a Nebraskan become a Bills fan? Before the Super Bowl trips and after they got Jim Kelly, they were playing Houston(the Oilers) and getting screwed byt he refs. I really started pulling for them to win that game, and they did. I adopted them on the spot.

Cheers,

Joe

Speaking of Buffalo & Houston, do you remember the 35-3 deficit that ultimately became the biggest NFL comeback? Now that was a great second half! That game wasn't televised in Buffalo, being a home game and not a sellout. Fortunately, the news programs showed the pertinent highlights.
smile.gif

Back