What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Anyone Seen This?

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
Ok has anyone seen this addy on ebay?
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/DD-CARNIVOROUS-PLANT-ORNAMENT-PENDANT-MINI-TERRARIUM_W0QQitemZ7735644083QQcategoryZ75643QQ
rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/DD-CARN....iewItem</a>

Now for the likes of me i just dont know how anyone could possible wear that without the poor plant becoming super jard and shook to death by movement. It may be cute and something diffrent but what happens if the plant or plants need more room let alone what happens if the moss over takes the plant?
confused.gif

Granted, I wouldn't wear it around my neck (ornament glass balls are terribly fragile in my experience) but it certainly is a cute idea for a mini-terrarium! I would think the largest problems for a static display of such an item would be either algae overgrowing the thing, or heat vs. humidity problems!

$35-55 for this piece of crap? With that money I can buy either 2 or 3 neps or a bunch of full grown sundews. Oh yea, in the little paragraph describing the product, this is what I found annoying:

"Sundews have little hairs on their leaves that exude a sticky substance. In the sunlight, they sparkle like dew. Sundew, get it? LOL "

Haha, I get it sundew, because in the sunlight they sparkle like dew. Who writes your material, Jerry Seinfeld?
smile_n_32.gif

I just bought a bunch of those balls at an after christmas sale at a craft store with the intent to make small hanging terrariums.  Looks like someone beat me to it.

Granted PirahnaPlant, *we* wouldn't buy these, like Nickz123 is, we'd be more likely to try and make our own from our leftovers. But for someone who *isn't* already a CP grower, that price isn't unreasonable. Think what you invested when you first got started, with LFS and water and lights and such... For the non-grower its cheaper to buy the finished product than go through the investment (and learning curve) to make their own. Granted also, most will die, but hey, that's capitalism for ya. It's still a cute idea for a mini-terrarium.

What's worse is I've seen the same for bettas...

Well, I think it's a cute idea. While it's not something that will love and last forever as the description makes it sound, it's a nice idea.

This can be cp "bling bling". D.nitudula Represent
smile_n_32.gif

LOL!!! speaking of bling, I apprentice under a jeweler, and one of my goals for this year is to get some CP jewelry done (hairpics that look like nep or sarr pitchers, and a necklace of sterling silver U. Sandersonii blossoms). If I succeed, I'll have to post.
smile_m_32.gif

Back