What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to Bangkok, Anyone can recommend

Hey guys,

I'll be going to bangkok soon, so can anyone recommend good places to buy neps cheaply or see them in the wild? Ill be in Bangkok with my bro and family for 4 days and khao Yai (mountain) for 2 days.

We own a piece of Land up in Khao Yai and we're wondering if we're able to collect a tiny tiny bit. Some of our relatives say that they've seen loads of neps growing on the roadsides of our land, so... Yay! Hope we find some of the rarer ones.

We'll be going to chaktuchak and neofarm, but we wanna find other sources, which will be probably cheaper than neofarm.

Thanks,
wezx

Bangkok - go to 'Thewet flower market' (not the wet!) and to JJ's on wednesday.
You'll find lots of nepenthes, orchids and other stuff you never knew existed...
If you want more info pm me, maybe I'll remember a thing or two.

Bangkok, Oriental city
But the city don't know what the city is getting
The creme de la creme of the chess world
In a show with everything but Yul Brynner

sorry, thats all I know about Bangkok!
laugh.gif

Scot, class of '87

yeah, I think I heard that JJ (Chatuchak) has quite alot of plants for sale on Wednesday. If you go on Sunday, there are less plants, but you can find anything from fake metiorites (perlite)
smile_n_32.gif
to...fake jewelry there.

Does the N x viking plant originate from one of the nurseries there?

Sounds like an awsome trip.
smile.gif
I hope you find something interesting. Take pics!

Will do PAK. But that usually means I have to buy something from them afterward.
smile_m_32.gif

N. viking originates from Neofarm I think. Didn't see any at the wet markets the last time we went.

Wow thanks for the replies guys!
Of course ill take some pics. Oh and anyone know the rules and regs about bringing out plants without any cert or anything? for example buying from a roadside stall.

Ebeyonder: Yes, at neofarm

Yoss: How bout the JJ on sunday? i won;t be making it for the one on wed, but i thought they were the same?

I've seen vikings on the markets, but mostly mirabilis, and lots of!

oops double post...

wezx, don't know about sundays but wedensdays are especially for plants.
try not to miss it ;)

thanks alot,

Anyone know where to find maybe the rarer species like thorelli, northiana and vikings in the wild/ for sale cheaply?

Back