What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a part for my RO unit

I just moved to a new residence, and found that the connectors included with my old RO unit won't fit anywhere in the new place.

I was hoping someone could help me find a selection of parts online somewhere (I don't even know if they're standard or common)... or at least get me on the right track.

What I need is exactly like this:

murdock.jpg

This is what my unit uses to connect to a water supply. This will still work fine, except I need one for a larger set of pipes.

I don't have any exact measurements, unfortunately (I could gather them eventually). What I currently have seems to connect to plumbing that's 3/4" wide... when what I need should connect to 5/8" (or possibly bigger).

Obviously installing RO units is the extent of my plumbing knowledge. I'm not sure how these things are measured exactly.

The part is made by Murdock, though they don't seem to have a website.

If these don't come in more than one size I guess I can get creative and would be open to suggestions... I just need something that will allow a connection with the flexible tubing that goes to the unit.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Take that part to a plumbing supply store and find a reducer to go from the 5/8" pipe down to your 3/4" part.

The only thing special about that part is that it's made to quick connect/dissconnect to the hard 1/4 line. You could go with thread to a compression fitting also. Which would be easier to find. Just make sure it has the insert included for if you are using the hard plastic line instead of copper tubing.
Hope I make sence and help
smile.gif

Andrew

The main problem was the best line for me to put it on was the line into the toilet (I think the PSI is the same), and it has copper tubing that's cut to fit and barely leaves room for the RO connector, let alone adapters.

I realized it'd be easier to change my plumbing to flexible tubing than to change my connector, but I ran into another problem.

I think the term is "thread pitch"... the threads aren't compatible. The place I live in is rented, so I have to return the plumbing to the way it was when I leave. Coming out of the wall is a PVC pipe with a female connector bonded to it, so I'm forced to work with that. Even though they're both 1/2" OD, I couldn't screw my RO unit connector into the wall connector if I tried because the threads won't match. The threads of everything I have beyond the RO unit connector line up... it's just connecting it to the wall that's the problem.

If I could find something like this (1/2" OD on both ends) that adapted from one thread pitch to the other, I'd be set:

246090_front200.jpg

Does anyone think such a thing exists?

I, uh, accidently snapped part of the plastic thing on the existing connector, so now I really need to get this figured out, since the flexible tubing I bought may now become the permanent plumbing.
smile.gif

Thats just a threaded coupler. I'd definetly go to the local hardware store and discuss it with them. If it was me, I'd buy a side saddle self-piercing tap, but you have to return the plumbing back to the way it was if/when you leave..so you'd havea permanent hole in the main pipe if you used the piercing valve...then again I'd do it and leave it on w/o telling.
smile_m_32.gif

The flimsy plastic RO connector just couldn't take all those metal threads... I thoroughly shredded it.

But I did find the right all-metal parts and the filter's installed. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Back