What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

warm

It's raining and almost 55 degrees (calm down non-Americans; that's F, not C) so I moved Neps, orchids, and bromeliads outside for the first time ever in a January.  But the high tomorrow is only supposed to be in the low 20s, so I better not overlook any plants when I bring them back in later today.  I lost one orchid that way during the fall.  I hate warm winter days, but I might as well take advantage of it.

Yeah it's getting cold here in South Florida also. Today we will have a high in the 60F/15C range with lows in the 40F/4C. My CPs except for those requiring dormany are outside.

I am not sure how I can deal with these cold tempratures. I know have thermal underware somewhere.
smile.gif

Sincerely,
Brendhan

smile.gif
We had alittle warmish spell most of last week it was nice i was able to turn my furnace off durring the day and only run it at night then last night WOW it got blasting cold with super high winds and snow blowing very cold.. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. They say we might warm back up again this comming week to the high 30's. I am not thrilled about that, i cant wait till its back in the 70's and im out on the boat..
smile_m_32.gif

I live in Ontario and since the 28th of december we've only had 4 days where it dropped to freezing. This is Canada and I am surprised every day by this, the most mild january in recorded history.

Zac

HA HA! Im in 50*f weather and im in zone 6/7(border)!!! and in a week we would be in mid winter, it can only get good from there!
smile_n_32.gif

Its been fairly warm here but yesterday was rather chilly with a cuttingly cold wind. Today was warm enough to make a trek to the park. Had a great time. Ollie had an even better time (gotta watch him though because he seems to think deer droppings are lil' snacks left just for him...
confused.gif
). Fell once when I went "exploring" and just missed being impaled by a 8" sapling stump. That would have hurt. All in all, a pretty good day.

I'm glad it hasn't been too cold since heating costs are high but I'm sure hankering for some snow...

65 on Friday
14 on Sunday.
(those are the HIGHS for both days)

gotta love it.
smile_l_32.gif

Scot

Back