What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP's in need of a good home

Some of you guys may have noticed that i haven't been on for a while. School and lots of work have pretty much kept me busy. If anyone would like to volunteer to adopt some plants please contact me (CP growing veterans only). I have some pretty nice plants and i'd like them to stay alive. Up for grabs are:

N. veitchii
N. x Isamu Kusakabe (SP?)
N. coccinea red
N. ventrata
N. ventricosa

I've never heard of anyone having N. x Isamu Kusakabe so i'm guessing it's pretty uncommon. It grows like a weed and has medium-small pitchers (and it just recently offshooted). The veitchii is making some 4-5 inch pitchers. All i ask is for you to pay the shipping price.

Thanks everyone

PS - I didn't put this in the trade forums because not everyone visits them, and it's not really a trade.

Hello,
I would love to adopt your N. veitchii and your N. x Isamu Kusakabe. I have been growing CP's for 8 years. I can get the payment out as soon as you say the word.
-Nick Z

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nickz123 @ Jan. 23 2006,12:55)]Hello,
I would love to adopt your N. veitchii and your N. x Isamu Kusakabe. I have been growing CP's for 8 years. I can get the payment out as soon as you say the word.
-Nick Z
Sorry but they've been called for already.
smile_h_32.gif

The coccinea red, the ventricosa, and an extra ventrata i forgot about are still up for grabs, so let me know.

If the coccinea red is still available that would be amazing or the ventrata. That's if we can get them to Canada. Really nice of you to offer your plants up. I'd be happy to pay any fees. Correct me if I'm wrong but these species aren't CITES protected,

Zac

Zac, if you can find out for sure the coccinea is all yours.

Hello Amature expert do you have any of these still up for adoption? I would love to addopt one of whatever is left or whatever is left. I know about the no time issue, but I have alot of orchids that I make time for so this guy would be fine.

Isamo Kusakobe isn't a bizzare species, just a weedy mirabilis x thorelii x mirabilis hybrid, I'm positive it was me who sent you that some time ago (I sent out a number of cuttings). Good to know he's doing well!

Seriously though, I wouldn't get rid of my plants, my schedule is hectic nowadays too with sculpting and a regular job but thankfully our beloved Neps really do thrive on being ignored (except for water of course)!

I was wrong. All nepenthes are covered under appendix II of CITES and require a permit. Maybe next time, thx alot anyways,

Zac

If the coccinea red is not spoken for then, I'd adopt it. Thanks.

I would be happy to adopt any that you might have left over.  I have been keeping a few Neps. for about 4 years now.  Please let me know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swords @ Jan. 25 2006,3:10)]Isamo Kusakobe isn't a bizzare species, just a weedy mirabilis x thorelii x mirabilis hybrid, I'm positive it was me who sent you that some time ago (I sent out a number of cuttings). Good to know he's doing well!

Seriously though, I wouldn't get rid of my plants, my schedule is hectic nowadays too with sculpting and a regular job but thankfully our beloved Neps really do thrive on being ignored (except for water of course)!
I said it was uncommon, which is true since i've never seen it on anyone's growlist besides you who gave it to me :p . It is really weedy...

I kinda want to move on from CPs, too. I want to get into corals again. Much more satisfying and the only time i'd really have to put into it is during the curing stages.

ALL PLANTS ARE CALLED FOR! Thanks everyone. I shipped all the plants out yesterday, the 25th.

Back