What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outer Banks/CP trip

JBL

Hi All!
Well, my family and friends want to rent a place for a week in the Outer Banks in NC.  I did a little research and I'm trying to talk them into Emerald Isle at the Southern end with the hopes of being closer to good CP locations!  
smile_m_32.gif

The trip is long--about 10 hours from Philly, PA.  And I'm  afraid that my son (he'll be 13) will be bored when we get there.  He asked if there will be hot babes there.  >;-D

I guess seeing flytraps in the wild won't satisfy his hormonal needs...  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

If anyone has advice, experiences etc. in the OB, please let me know.  Here is a link of things to do:

http://www.bluewatergmac.com/ThingsToDo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ Jan. 26 2006,10:17)]I guess seeing flytraps in the wild won't satisfy his hormonal needs...
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hehe...
smile_n_32.gif

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hi All!
Well, my family and friends want to rent a place for a week in the Outer Banks in NC.

You got friends?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Jan. 26 2006,10:52)]You got friends?
OK, I made that 'friends' part up to appear normal. Really, my family doesn't even exist. I'm just going by myself.
smile_h_32.gif
Feel better now?

Now, any advice, experience with Emerald Isle, or anywhere in Outer Banks?
Thanks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ Jan. 27 2006,1:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Jan. 26 2006,10:52)]You got friends?
OK, I made that 'friends' part up to appear normal.  Really, my family doesn't even exist.  I'm just going by myself.  
smile_h_32.gif
Feel better now?  

Now, any advice, experience with Emerald Isle, or anywhere in Outer Banks?
Thanks!
Hey JBL, when are you gong to the Outer Banks? I might could go with you as I only live about a hours drive from the coast.
dewy

I can't reallygive you any advice on the Outer Banks because I never been there, even though I only live a couple hours away. I've heard that two guys built a plane there once, but I don't know why that's important because it only flew a few feet until it crashed and one guy was killed. There is also a striped lighthouse that almost fell into the ocean, but it was moved before it fell. I think I heard it's the tallest one on the east coast.
While you're there, pick me up an Outer Banks kingsnake.

You don't have to hide it anymore, everybody already knows that the only reason you're going there is to see me.

I'll be there August 5-12 Dewy. I'll probably have my son with me, but I haven't picked out sites yet.

Be waiting for me Ozzy. I'll have your kingsnake--on a stick for dinner!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I'll have your kingsnake--on a stick for dinner!
They are endangered, you can't kill them, only poach em.

I poach endangered snakes too, but I bake endangered CPs.

smile.gif
Bruce, you read my mind. Poaching is healthy, and it retains the vitamins and minerals in snake oil.

Go to the southern outer banks
The northern part(near nagshead) has been completely developed over in the past ten or so years. I have gone to the outer banks every year for a weak in the summer since I was born(1989). I firsthand witnessed the creeping overdevelopment year by year. What once only had a few beach house subdivisions and mom-and-pop shops now has multiple wall-marts and starbucks....

Thanks for the advice Shawn! I guess Emerald Isle fits the bill, and puts me close to prime cp territory. Might have to drive awhile to Starbucks though
smile_m_32.gif

Back