What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas, anyone?

• Thread starter kahnli
  • Start date
I have a sunless north facing window(any light is blocked by a highrise)... There is light but any direct sunlight is blocked. Any suggestions as to carnivores that would survive here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kahnli @ Jan. 27 2006,12:12)]I have a sunless north facing window(any light is blocked by a highrise)...  There is light but any direct sunlight is blocked. Any suggestions as to carnivores that would survive here.
D. adelae is the one that pops into my mind. Also, D.schizandra might do well, IF you can find somebody that grows it. You could always grow alot more cp under artificail light, though.
dewy

I didn't really want to use artificial...
I've had good luck with my Darlingtonia in this spot just looking for a few additions.

I'm not sure about CPs, but you could try an orchid. My phaleonopsis love their shady northern window.
~Joe

I agree with Dewy, my D. adelae are sitting out of the way from the growlights and they thrive there.

The only carnivore that thrives in my sunless windows is the occasional spider. But I'm not allowed to let them stay there.

no spiders... but I got some big centipedes in my windows. What is it with those things up here in there north?

Certain Neps might make it.

Possibly P. primuliflora.

Certain lowland neps would do well if you have the heat for them.

N. tomoriana comes to mind as a shade lover (I learded that when my plant started to vine up by the grow tubes and fried itself while I was on vacation.
smile_h_32.gif

Back