What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 MN Orchid Show

Dispite the horrible odds my car was fixed in a few hours on saturday so I was able to get to the second day of the orchid show. here's the best shots I was able to muster with their "no tripods allowed" rule.

paphsuppardi.jpg

Brsdm1.jpg

cattleya1.jpg

cattleya2.jpg

latoureadendrobium.jpg

masdevallia1.jpg

This is one BIG Phal. ambile!
pamabilis.jpg

papharmeniacum.jpg

unknownvanda1.jpg

unknownvanda2.jpg

unknownvanda2b.jpg

and finally these are the life size botanically accurate sculptures done by Mist Orchids, they were selling reduced size cold cast porcellain versions but of course I was only interested in the not for sale prototypes. simply amazing sculpting work! (but can he guy sculpt a 1943 superman or pus dripping zombie...
smile_n_32.gif
)

orchids1.jpg

orchids2.jpg

orchids3.jpg

orchids4.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]horrible odds my car was fixed in a few hours on saturday

Did you happen to hear the twighlight zone theme playing just before you entered the shop? "Horrible odds" sounds like an understatement!!
smile_n_32.gif

Anyway, glad you could make it to the show! Thanks for posing these beautiful pictures for all of us! And nice shots they are!

Perhaps you could take some more photos next time? LOL!

Great stuff!!!

Capslock

You ought to see the plants who's pics didn't turn out. Gongora (several amazing looking types of these dragon orchids), Pleurotallis, Masdevallia, Resptrepia, Porroglossum, etc. Without a tripod photoing the microscopic but extremely bizzare looking Pleurothallid alliance orchids I like so much didn't work at all. Merely the rotation of the earth is enough to cause their blooms to vibrate and go out of focus.... It doesn't help many of them such as Dracula bloom upside down or hang upside down and there's no where for me to lay on my back in the aisle to shoot up at the table to get their wild shaped blooms.
It's always what you couldn't get that eats at you (well me anyway)!

What an explosion of colour and shape! Thanks for sharing swords!

Cheers

Dang! Those are darn good photos! Free hand or no, really nice.

Fantastic pictures!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Is no. 22 "elephant's ear" ? Anyway,well done Josh,thanks for sharing the images.

Robert:D

I didn't have time to write down anything with the crowd of people, probly irritated enough of them trying to photo everything!
smile_n_32.gif

Great photos man, really amazing to see some of the rarer orchid blooms. Honestly your photos are outstanding in light of your "restrictions".

thx Zac

Outstanding photos !

Stunning photos. I love the blue ones in the 5th post 2nd and 3rd photos.
smile_n_32.gif

Back