What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

for those who appreciate such things...........

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
a fine example of American sporting arms history. about 2 weeks ago i picked up this Savage 99 made in about 1951. for those unfamiliar with them they are about the finest lever action rifle ever made, others may be more famous but none are as well designed as these, a design thats over 100 years old. its chambered in 300 Savage(about the same class as the 308 winchester). this is the nicest one ive come across in my corner of the world and it set me back less than half of what its actually worth. i doubt its had a 100 rounds through it. ive got to fix a crack in the stock yet so i havent had a chance to shoot it.

b035c805.jpg

ed2f137c.jpg

0e2da1d2.jpg

3b7dcbd7.jpg

736dc69f.jpg

Did you buy this to follow through on your threat?
If so I can't think of a finer rifle to be shot with.

lol nah, rifle was purchased before that..........

The wood is pretty.
smile.gif

nah, thats not pretty wood, ill post a pic of mt P17 Enfield sporter later tonight, now thats pretty wood...................

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Feb. 10 2006,11:14)]The wood is pretty.
smile.gif
smile_l_32.gif

here is a 1917 Enfield sporter in 30-06. the wood is maple. as pictured, cost me $125, its been the year of good deals
smile_n_32.gif

enfield.jpg

0d801df2.jpg

Back