What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lindsey Jacobellis

Maybe somebody understands snowboarding better than I(At least I sure hope so!), but did anybody catch this at the Olympics?
 I did not think she did and must be stupid to believe her story, based on the rest of the views. It did not seem like much of a waggle for someone who knows half-pipe also.

Cheers,

Joe

PS How do you edit the topic, like when you mispell ther person's name(Lindsey)?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How do you edit the topic, like when you mispell ther person's name(Lindsey)?

I believe that it's time to contact a mod to fix it for you, then. If you really mind enough, that is. However, I haven't been watching the olympics, so I don't know. If she did, it'll probably get caught by someone and I'll see a clip of it online some time.
smile_m_32.gif

Who cares? She didn't win.

Another high priced marketing scheme gone wrong. I'm not sad when people with the big money endorsement deals crash. Not to get hurt or anything, but to let someone else win instead. Maybe Visa told her to attempt whatever it was she crashed on because it would make for a more striking ad. Too bad.

On a somewhat related subject, what does someone do to become a competitive sled rider? Millions of kids ride sleds down hills and I don't understand how a few get selected to go to Olympic training centers and so on.

I fixed the topic for you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Feb. 20 2006,7:38)]Maybe somebody understands snowboarding better than I(At least I sure hope so!), but did anybody catch this at the Olympics?
I did not think she did and must be stupid to believe her story, based on the rest of the views. It did not seem like much of a waggle for someone who knows half-pipe also.

Cheers,

Joe
What's to understand? It's like skiing, only instead of two boards tide to your feat, you have one.
smile_n_32.gif
Seriously, it looked to me like she tried to hot dog and ended up losing the gold. All she had to do was ride to the line and she tried to show off instead. It cost her.

I saw it. I think it was just one of those moments where "it seemed like a good idea at the time." Not like she did a flip or anything and that's probably a little trick she's done a million times and nailed the landing. But in a race, all you need to do is cross the finish line. I feel bad for her...one instant of poor judgement cost her the gold. But hey, she got the silver and she's beautiful so she'll make lots o' money.

I like the Flying Tomato...he's a cutie pie. He's so full of grins and seems so genuinely enthusiastic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Feb. 21 2006,6:59)]...I feel bad for her...one instant of poor judgement cost her the gold. But hey, she got the silver and she's beautiful so she'll make lots o' money.
I feel bad for her too PAK. But like one of the announcers said, "she won't be remembered for winning a Silver, but for losing a Gold." That is a big burden for anyone to bear.

i didnt actually see it, but i know what happened. while she was in the air, she reached down and grabbed the edge of her board. it is a very simple "trick" and she should not have fallen. i have been snowboarding for almost 8 years now, and grabs are very easy. the hardest part about them is landing the jump, which she had to do anyway. she tried to cover it up and she has since admitted that she should not have done it. she is very good and will most likely be in the next winter olympics if she chooses. she has said that it did not bother her and i do believe her. if you had been in as many races as she has been in, you too would have the view that it was just another race. i think it has been blown way out of proportion, i really dont think she cares, so good for her.

Back