What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flukers moss?

glider14

Always a newbie
i was at my local Petsmart for some lights and i saw some moss from Fluker's. does anyone know if this is(dried)sphagnum moss? this is a pic of the package Mystery Moss
thanks
alex

can't tell by the pic, but I doubt it though.

It looks dark green and stringy, like the dreaded 'green moss' that is supposed to kill CPs.

-D. Lybrand

If you want some real sphagnum go to any Bachmanns garden center. I buy all my orchid and nep potting medias there (cheaper than my orchid guy-sorry jerry!). They sell small medium and large bales of compressed LFS in the hanging basket section of the pots. Most normal people use it to line hanging garden planters. It's the same stuff the orchid and CP places sell and if you put it in your terrarium and keep it moist it will turn green again and start to grow in a couple months. Soon you'll be able to pot your smaller neps and orchids in living LFS which is very good for them. Some tiny sundews will get lost in living spahgnum but they really love it too!

thanks guys

Back