What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Al GEBRA Movement

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
At New York's Kennedy airport today, an individual later discovered to be a public school teacher was arrested trying to board a flight
while in possession of a ruler, protractor, set square, slide rule, and calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney General John Ashcroft said he believes the man is a member of the notorious
AL GEBRA movement. He is being charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction. Al-gebra is a fearsome cult," Ashcroft said. "They desire average solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go offbon tangents in a search of absolute value. They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with co-ordinates in every country. As the Greek philosopher Isosceles used to say, 'There are 3 sides to every triangle'."

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said: "If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes."

Wow !! Thanks jimscott ! I had no idea this group was active in the US. Not to get off on a tangent here but do we know who active in this group ? or maybe on the Govt. task force in charge of keeping 24hr surveillance on this axis of medieval? The proportion of agents to unknowns must be geometrically staggering. I'm highly suspect of one J. Simpson. That has to be a front, but for which side I'm not sure...

Maybe we can divide them, multiply our common denominators, and fractionalize them. BEWARE! You may have to carry the ONE!

Hey, I agree! Stop the algebra! It saves us kids' from having to clean up the mess those gang members make in school.

-Ben

darn I thought this was real too! I hated this group in school. LOL!!!

AHHHH i hate algebra!! my worst subject
mad.gif
mad.gif

But.... math is our friend! It's all logical. All ya have to do is follow the recipe and ya get the same right answer every time.

Back