What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got a questions for the cops here

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i dont mean to offend you with "pig" im just used to using that term, thats what i call police, unless well Im right their next to one

I'm sorry, but that's a little silly. While on this forum you can assume that what you say will be read by a diverse group of people. You can assume that at least one of every type of person will/may read what you post, so you should treat it as if the people were "right next to you."

I mean, I know there're a lot of 'teens on this forum (I'm one of 'em) but if I go off ragging on all teenagers, I need to assume that there are ones that will be reading what I write. Saying 'Sorry, I'd only have said those things if no 'teens were around' isn't adequate. We're a diverse community (and even if we weren't) and so it'd be wise to consider your words.

Saying 'I only call you names behind your back' isn't very impressive.
I'm not trying to scold you - I ain't your mum - but, please, chose your words wisely.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just seems to happen whenever civilians bring up police. ... You dont have to respect me because of my position but please do not disrespect me because of my position either.

It's a bummer that the conversations always seem to turn this way. Even though I don't have to respect you for you postion, I do, and I respect you as a valuable member of this forum. So thank you. (And no, I'm not being a kiss-up here; I've often considered becoming an officer myself and a close friend of mine is early in the process.)

As for the topic on hand, your story is a bummer, Oz! Making up charges is an unhappy thing. I hope everything works out. For your friend. >_>
smile.gif

I never said I didn't do anything wrong. I gave a false name, I'm guilty of the obstruction charge. What I have the problem with is the DCI (Disorderly conduct while intoxicated) charge. First I wasn't drinking anything at all. Second, there was no disorderly conduct. I was friendly, cooperative, and sober. The cops never mentioned anything about drinking until I was being released. I was never given any field sobriety, breath or blood test. There is a lot more to this story, but the only part that I'm PO'ed about is the DCI charge. I just can't understand why I would be charged with it. I don't understand why it was never mentioned until I was released.

Okay things not to say:
1. Do you smell bacon?
2. Why was I going so fast? I don't know your the one with the lights and siren
3. Shouldn't you be doing suvellience on a doughnut shop
4. I wanted to be a cop once also. I found out I was over qualified. I had a third grade education.
5. My car can outrun yours, I chose to stop.
6. I can see that the police have lowered their hiring standards.
7. Can I hire you as a stripper for a party?
8. I'm a taxpayer.
9. Your probably corrupt anyway.
10. I think you need to realize who my uncle is.

Let's just understand that I received these from friends of mine who are employed by a local sheriff's office. They are not a reflection on how I feel about the wonderful law enforcement officers who work very hard and deserve pay raises. And should not pull over the guy in the white van driving a little fast on the highway on his way to work. Thank You

Yeah I dont understand the addition of the DCI charge if they had no reason to think you were drinking. If they did not perform any sobriety test or a breath or blood test then it will be dropped by the prosecution. I dont know why they wouldnt have just charged you with Disorderly Conduct rather then DCI. But who knows, I sent you a PM telling you why I sometimes add charges, but they are always charges tha I actually have Probable Cause to belive happened. The LEO must have believed you were drinking, or conducts himself a little weird then most LEO's I know.

Nice list Brendhan. I had a female last week who when I approached her vehicle for the second time and she could see the citation stated 'I thought you dont write tickets to pretty ladies?' I must have been feeling a lil froggy that day for I promptly said 'We don't, heres your ticket' needless to say she wasnt happy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wolf9striker @ Mar. 08 2006,9:29)]I had a female last week who when I approached her vehicle for the second time and she could see the citation stated 'I thought you dont write tickets to pretty ladies?' I must have been feeling a lil froggy that day for I promptly said 'We don't, heres your ticket' needless to say she wasnt happy.
Ouch! Left herself wide open for that one! hehe
laugh.gif

Yeah she made it too easy. I have it on tape and my Chief loves to play it at his meetings.

LMAO that was wrong Wolf. It was funny, but wrong! ROTFLMAO Was she even remotely cute? LOL

Everyone is absolutely correct that if I was wearing my seatbelt I wouldn't have gotten stopped. I just do not agree with the law and unless it is hazardous outside like heavy rain or slick roads I do not wear it and will not wear it. I do not feel the government has the right to tell me how I should conduct my life, but thats a whole nother basket of eggs. I can't blame the cops for giving me the ticket because they were doing their job. I just feel I was singled out. Maybe a bad case of ini mini mani mo and I always ended up on Mo. Here lately though everything has been cool. No issues except the LEO that lives next door and doesn't like being socialable.
smile.gif

I just hope I don't become a target again when I tint my windows and put rims on my car since its getting paid off this year!! WOO HOO!! I am already armed with the mute button on my radio for when a LEO rides by. LOL Don't worry I turn it down in the neighborhood and at night. I don't like getting woke up either. I just jam on the main roads and highways.
smile_n_32.gif

Glad you like my story Josh, it is definatly one of my favorites. Many females do think that if they are attractive they wont get a ticket so I choose to do just the opposite and issue citations to all attractive women if I have legal authority to do so. And no she was not very cute.

Ok well i never said i was in the wrong, i know what i did wrong and got punished for what i did, w/e. I just need to get over my little freaking out over cops likei usualy do when i see them. And i literaly never do any thing wrong any more and even then i just freak out when i see a cop. My past is coming to haunt me!
smile_l_32.gif

Either way, i guess us newb's need to learn to keep our mouths shut, unless we got something good to say!

Cheers

The perfect way to handle yourself when being stopped for a traffic violation.

Good evening officer.
No, I didn't realize I was going that fast.
No, I haven't been drinking.
Thank you officer.
I'll watch my speed more closely from now on.
Can I pay this ticket by mail?
Have a nice day.

I mean...what the heck...you are going to get the ticket anyway so why get all upset and give the LEO a reason to start looking around for other violations.  Like maybe calling for a drug sniffing dog.  Ooops.

LMAO Wolf! That story is hillarious!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 08 2006,11:15)]I never said I didn't do anything wrong. I gave a false name, I'm guilty of the obstruction charge. What I have the problem with is the DCI (Disorderly conduct while intoxicated) charge. First I wasn't drinking anything at all. Second, there was no disorderly conduct. I was friendly, cooperative, and sober. The cops never mentioned anything about drinking until I was being released. I was never given any field sobriety, breath or blood test. There is a lot more to this story, but the only part that I'm PO'ed about is the DCI charge. I just can't understand why I would be charged with it. I don't understand why it was never mentioned until I was released.
I thought it was a friend having these problems  
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (indymental @ Mar. 09 2006,5:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 08 2006,11:15)]I never said I didn't do anything wrong. I gave a false name, I'm guilty of the obstruction charge. What I have the problem with is the DCI (Disorderly conduct while intoxicated) charge. First I wasn't drinking anything at all. Second, there was no disorderly conduct. I was friendly, cooperative, and sober. The cops never mentioned anything about drinking until I was being released. I was never given any field sobriety, breath or blood test. There is a lot more to this story, but the only part that I'm PO'ed about is the DCI charge. I just can't understand why I would be charged with it. I don't understand why it was never mentioned until I was released.
I thought it was a friend having these problems
smile_m_32.gif
yeah I that's the way I told the story, but I thought the last line would give a clue that it was me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you can help me out with this I will really be thankful, I mean, my friend will be thankful.

We all guessed it was you  even without the last line,  but when you get arrested you need to stick to your story
biggrin.gif

One comment on the not-wearing-a-seatbelt thing.  I live in  Canada and here its the law your wear a seatbelt.  Makes everyone safer and, something to consider, saves both in insurance costs (as injuries are reduced by the use of seatbelts) and also saves in hospital/medical costs for the public.  I know of people who were ejected from their vehicle as they were unbelted and suffered very serious injuries and yet the area they were seated in was fine (think of a vehicle going off the road and the driver is ejected out of the vehicle by the impact).  If your seriously injured in an accident, and the injury would have been much less had you worn a seatlbelt your legally obligated to use, the public still ends up paying for a lot of medical expenses.  The law is there to help keep you healthy and alive, not to infringe in your personal rights.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (indymental @ Mar. 09 2006,5:41)]We all guessed it was you even without the last line, but when you get arrested you need to stick to your story
biggrin.gif
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well my friend is not one to keep his mouth shut.

I wonder what gave it away.

It sure is funny how most of the long time members won't respond to any topic I post.
LOL you guys are so paranoid.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It sure is funny how most of the long time members won't respond to any topic I post.
LOL you guys are so paranoid.

Paranoid perhaps; but not unfoundedly so. lol
Not to mention, can you blame them, considering the time of year?!
biggrin.gif

You're right I should have asked the cop to arrest me next month instead. What was I thinking?

Glad you liked the story Schoalty, I am sure I will get a citizen complaint because of it, but it was worth it.
smile.gif

Back