What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tough puzzle

• Thread starter Est
  • Start date
  • Tags
    luck

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
Wow, I've been working on this puzzle for a while with one of my buddies. It involves a little bit of computer knowhow, but it's definitely doable. I'm currently on number 18...

Anyway, the puzzle can be found here
Puzzle

Just so that people aren't totally lost right off the bat, you put your answer into the address bar (in the appropriate place, of course.) Try answers out, you can get hints to help you along.

I figure if people are actually interested in this, we can get some good collaboration going on. Good luck to any who undertake this!

I can't open the door

Ok I opened the door, but I lost interest in it.

I don't like puzzles.

I'm stuck at the door. You type words in the address bar and hit "go"??

Replace only the ****'s from my last post... Atleast going from 1 tp 2.. but I'm still stuck on 2. I don't see anything in the picture..

I'm up to #5

edit: 6

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]lol, ok I'm stuck on 2...

"Don't have fear of the dark
Just have a look at the picture"

It's not easy to see at first... Especially if you're running a high resolution!! (just noticed that) Since we're looking at the picture, you may want to download the pic and look at it in an image program so you can either manipulate the image or clear it up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm up to #5

edit: 6

Careful, 7 is where it starts to get a bit tough! Nice progress, though!
smile.gif

I guessed something for #1 and ended up at #6...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Mar. 07 2006,1:35)]I guessed something for #1 and ended up at #6...
me too...
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Now I'm at blank screen with "Hack the matrix" as the clue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now I'm at blank screen with "Hack the matrix" as the clue.

Highlight the blank, for a start. There are other ways to view it, however.
smile.gif
I would suggest, however, that you go back to 1 and do it the correct way, this way you go through 2-5 (which are easier) and learn some of the solving techniques.

Instead of focusing on the puzzle I keep focusing on how I'd program it if it were up to me.
smile.gif

Should be a text field for entering the word which jumps you right back to the page you were on with an error message if you got it wrong. Plus you'd never be able to jump ahead because it would be aware of your current page and only allow you to move one step forward.

As it is it's kind of irritating... makes it hard to get into it.

Maybe I'll program it and send it on to them if they'd like to use it, but I'd have to know the whole puzzle first.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Instead of focusing on the puzzle I keep focusing on how I'd program it if it were up to me.
smile.gif

This thing's made me want to create something of my own as well. The only problem with some of your changes is that it doesn't work for a lot of the puzzle. There's many steps where the change involved is more than just changing the page. Furthermore, the jumpahead is a fluke and even if you do get it, it'll do you more harm than good to skip 2-5.

It can be a lot more complex than what I suggested.

If you come up with a puzzle like that and you want some programming done I might have time to work on it... it would be an interesting experiment.

None of this is making sense! I clicked on Dave's link and got error 404. Then I clicked on the URL that was suggested and got something in German. If I put my cursor on the image that J.T. gave us, it says 'enter' But when I click, nothing happens. I tried dragging what appears to be a key to the keyhole, but nothing happens. Bottom line... I can't open the door. What am I supposed to type and where?
confused.gif

im not a puzzle guy.

Cant even get through the first page!

Cheers... though i did get the matrix isnt open for a responce..
confused.gif

Cheers

Back