What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey folks, I just got a huge shipment of seeds from Englands Chiltern Seed Co. and I'm almost done sowing everything on pure shredded LFS in 72 cell Jiffy seedling greenhouses and stacking them ontop of my flourescent fixtures for bottom heat. I was just curious if any of you have experience with germination times on any of these:

Birthworts:
Aristolochia baetica
Aristolochia chilensis
Aristolochia clematis
Aristolochia elegans
Aristolochia galeata
Aristolochia grandiflora
Aristolochia macrophylla
Aristolochia maxima (these seeds are funny looking, they're the size, shape and thickness of a bass guitar pick)

Devils Tongues:
Amorphophallus bulbifer
Amorphophallus kiusianus

Jack in the pulpits:
Arisaema ciliatum
Arisaema cf. consanguineum
Arisaema fargesii
Arisaema flavum
Arisaema jacquemontii
Arisaema japonicum
Arisaema urashima
Arisaema wallichianum

Lady Slippers / Balloon Flowers
Calceolaria arachnoidea
Calceolaria biflora
Calceolaria corymbosa
Calceolaria lanigera
Calceolaria mexicana
Calceolaria pinifolia

I also got a pack of mixed Drosera seed, the list of possible species is quite long, probly all capensis, adelae and spathulata, it would be my luck...
smile_n_32.gif

Anyone familiar with sowing any of these?

I just got some Jack seeds off eBay myself. The bad news is...I read online somewhere (AFTER purchasing them), that the seeds need to be kept moist and not dried out. If they dry out, they go into a deep dormancy and might not germinate for up to 10 years.
smile_h_32.gif
I hope that's not true...

Back