What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crazy colored grafted cactus

Hey folks,
I'm not a big cactus fan but I saw some wild psychedelic colored ones at my aunts bachmanns last week that were grafted to the base of a regular barrel type. I think the frankensteining of two on one looks lame but I was wondering can I remove the offsetts created by the weird colored top and root them on as just a wild colored cactus in a pot? Is the color some kind of dye the plant will eventually grow out of or why are only these grown as the grafted ones?

I think they are treated by chemicals or something to get that color. They have no way of coverting sunlight into food so they need to be attached to a regular catus. I dont think they will grow on their own.

I'm pretty sure that the "psychedelic" one has been irradiated and can no longer function on its own, and that's why it was grafted to the other one in the first place. If that's the case, you're out of luck.

Back