What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

satellite radio anyone?

hi guys!

being a professional, long distance freight mover (read as "over the road truck driver") pretty much necessitates my purchase of a satelittle radio. i think i made it 2 months on the road before i got mine (been on the road for 10 months now), and i absolutely love it! the simple fact that i no longer have to keep hitting the "seek" button on the radio for hours on end was worth the price alone.

i went with sirius because i listen to stern, but also listen to several outher stations, mostly "hair nation", "hard attack", "sirius hits", "80's" (pop hits), and "the derek and romaine show" on out q.

any other members have satelitte radio? xm or sirius? favorite channels? questions?

peace,
tech...
i have a headache.

ive got Sirius, mainly listen to The Pulse, the 2 comedy channels, and the wife likes hair nation havent had any long trips latly so i just turn it on to the pulse when i warm up my vehicle in the morning and hit pause so i can skip through stuff as i can hold like 45 minutes worth of time with my setup. works well being as im in the middle of nowhere with no good radio stations.

Sirius Rocks,
Channel surfer
Octane
Faction
Tony Hawk’s Demolition radio, Bam Margera and Kelly Slater.
I can’t leave out Howard Stern!!
Rocking out in the greenhouse with Sirius.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

XM here - channel 46, top tracks or channel 40, deep tracks + weather, news, traffic... etc... I very much enjoy it.
biggrin.gif

I have Sirius. I love it. I bought if because of Stern. Other than Stern, I like Hard attack, hair nation, Outlaw Country, Roadhouse, and some of the other rock channels. I like the comedy channels. Rattler I found out today their is a 3rd comedy channel. Blue Collar Comedy. I forgot what channel it is.
I have all the rap, jazz, etc channels blocked out.

My biggest complait about Sirius is they don't have Nascar.

i was talking to the sirius rep at best buy today (not a best buy employee) and he mentioned that they added 5 new channels today (one being that 3rd comedy channel ozzy is talking about).

isn't nascar coming to sirius int he near future (2007)?

Wow -- how funny. We have 1 sirius and 3 xm (car/house/etc). I WAY prefer XM ...

I was actually cranky that BMW only offers Sirius <sigh> .. and I wondered how they (sirius)would make it when XM is so much further along with customer subscriptions. Then I see ya'll saying you bought Sirius for stern, etc... Wow ... who would have thought anyone would have bought an inferior technology to listen to garbage <snicker>

<poke><ozzy>
smile.gif

a couple friends have XM, really didnt see alot of difference between it an Sirius, the wife got me Sirius for x-mas so thats what i have, and i dont listen to Stern either
smile_n_32.gif

Keep buying Sirius, I own stock in the company.

smile.gif

Sirius...because it is all about the NFL.

Hey, I found out today that we have the playboy channel.
smile.gif
What does XM have?

I've had XM for almost 3 years and LOVE it.

I have the first Skyfi and original boombox.

Tom

Back