What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to petflytrap.com last night?

Well last night petflytrap.com vanished off the internet for several hours. I was kind curious as to who unplugged something they shouldn't have, or did a server get upgraded?

(humor)
no ping
no traceroute
no proper nslookup
no nmap  
smile_m_32.gif

How can I be expected to take over the internet when the servers are even stable?  >;-D
okay let's start that port scan again back at 0. sigh
(/humor)

I had the same experience. One minute I was typing a PM and when I tried to send it, I was told that I was forbidden. I just now got on.

Sites go down... sites go back up... life goes on...

I couldn't get on all weekend, I was going to take care of all of my outstanding PMs but now it's back to the school week and it'll take some more time. (dern school!) I was surprised when I got no ping as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Mar. 20 2006,12:34)]Sites go down... sites go back up... life goes on...
I think they were busy changing over to new servers guys. Check the URL in the address bar. It's no longer petflytrap.com
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I have no idea what happened to the site.

All I know is that I was scared and confused...then a bit relieved...then I felt some discomfort...then finally acceptance.

Omigosh, Mitch did a modified grieving process!
smile_n_32.gif

It was a very scary glimpse into a life without these fourums. It was horriable.
confused.gif

Ozzy: "Fix! I need my fix!! Darnit, where's my fix!?"
laugh.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Cheers
Amori

That's about the truth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 20 2006,4:04)]It was a very scary glimpse into a life without these fourums. It was horriable.
confused.gif
AMEN! Ozzy!

agreed.... i hate it when forums are offline for a few hours!

Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Mar. 20 2006,3:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Mar. 20 2006,12:34)]Sites go down... sites go back up... life goes on...
I think they were busy changing over to new servers guys. Check the URL in the address bar. It's no longer petflytrap.com
smile_k_ani_32.gif
It hasn't been petflytrap since I joined. The petflytrap is the parent url. The url for the forums has been terraforums.com. The thing is I couldn't get either one. I usually try the parent url if the child seems down.

I don't know what the uptime is for the server. So I don't know if it crashed, was upgraded or if the router was kicked off the shelf.

Hmmm, the URL I've been using is http ://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin/ib312/ikonboard...yadayadayada. And until today the URL in the address window has started with http:/ /www.petflytrap.com . Today it starts with http ://www.terraforums.com and I now have a bunch of cookies from http ://www.terraforums.com which I have never had before. That's why I'm thinking they changed Terraforums over to their own servers or something.

Later..

I couldn't go on this site
smile_h_32.gif
Might because of some "Hackers"

no traceroute
no proper nslookup
no nmap
no ping
no nep
no vft...

Yes. It was hackers. And I know the name of the hackers leader! His name was-----------PHIL CRANE!!!!!!
Crazy fellow. Just 'cause he owns this place, he thinks he can change things over on the forums. Wotta character!!!!! Of course, he saw the error of his way, and decided to keep it in place. If you believe 1/2 of this, you'd be right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Mar. 20 2006,7:06)]no traceroute
no proper nslookup
no nmap
no ping
no nep
no vft...
Sounds like your still suffering from withdrawal
smile_h_32.gif

Bugweed,
This is what happens when we let the management touch the computers.
smile_m_32.gif

Back