What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well my plant budget maybe shot for awhile......

my wife and i are making an offer on a house. unfortunatly its in town and not EXACTLY what we are looking for but its sitting on a lot and a half so i would have a big yard(big enough for a 8'x8' pond plus a small bog and still have LOTS of room). the back of the house faces south and would be REALLY easy to attatch a greenhouse to that i can just walk out the back door into. at the moment their is a nice sized utility room in the basement with a cement floor and drain so i could set up an RO system and small plastic 4x6 or 4x8 cheap greenhouse i could indoor growing till i get a greenhouse built down the road. hang lights from the rafters on wired poked through the plastic ect. plus still have plenty of room for my frogs and a reloading bench for my guns...........

downside is the basement isnt quite finished how we like so down the road we would tear most of it out and turn 2 of the 4 rooms plus 1/2 bath into a master bedroom and bath as between a friend, my father in law and myself we could do 95% of the work.

will keep yah posted

Good luck, rattler! You've come this far, not much is going to stop you from reaching your goals now.

Cheers!
Amori

That's the problem with Montana; you never know when a neighbor has frogs and a reloading bench for his guns in the basement.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]8'x8' pond plus a small bog

I think you have that backwards.
smile_m_32.gif

A 8'x8' bog with a small pond sounds alot better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A 8'x8' bog with a small pond sounds alot better.

True, it does have a better ring to it... Something about it, not quite sure why.
smile_n_32.gif

Hopefully you can make this all work out and have a really wonderful home!

or how about a 12' x 12' bog and just forget about the pond?

lol jk!
Cheers

nah i like water lilies and there are none naturally around here so i must plant my own. besideds i am not going to dedicate an RO system just for a bog, the pond i can use city water but a bog with Sarrs cant..............

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]well my plant budget maybe shot for awhile......

Funny, I've been feeling that way myself for years...

Well it sounds like a great house. Though what with a lot and a half you could replicate Mike King's greenhouse plan
biggrin.gif

our offer was accepted..................now to get financed...........to be continued..................

BTW should have pics up over the weekend...im fairly confidant the financing will be no big deal............

Hello ~i'm fairly new to terraforums, just looking through recent posts familiarizing myself,best of luck to you and your familia with the happinings ownership of your own oasis, i was a renter in san fransisco for years ~ ruled by my pets and plants in a tiny one bedroom, i now live on a little over an acre with plenty of room for us all ~ enjoy and good luck.
ps: i put a pond in too ~ 10x10 its beautiful at night with a few lights and the lilly pads a floatn by.i have a small bog garden in the making towards the back yard, natural rocks and driftwood are the compostion so far:;):

sounds very nice, welcome to the forums! im giving up a big yard and tiny house for a smaller, but nice sized yard and much bigger house.

Back