What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower tenant's window sill

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
In the middle of January I took on a shortlived job that would have kept me out of town for 85% of my time. Since my family has no interest in plants and the downstairs tenant had a long and deep kitchen window sill, I coaxed she and her daughter into taking them in and just keep the plants watered.

Recently, however, when I checked in on the plants, I've noticed that they hadn't been keeping up. So I have been systematically moving trays, little by little. Today I moved the last of them. Several trays were dry and some plants were dead, including an N. ampullaria cutting that had been given to me by a friend. Time to pare down my grow list again.

Aww major bummer, Jim.
smile_h_32.gif
Sorry for your losses. How many other plants were lost to the drying?

Thats bad Jim.How much grow space do you have available?

Jerry

Oh whoops, I guess for the worse. But I'm sure you'll be able to get your grow list up again.

That stinks, Jim. I hope your plants recover.
I think the reason many people are bad with plants is the same as why some can't work computers or set the time on their VCR; human beings are fundamentally poor instruction-followers. There's always a temptation to let things slide until the next time, and consistency is just a joke. Better luck next time!
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ Mar. 26 2006,7:04)]Aww major bummer, Jim.  
smile_h_32.gif
 Sorry for your losses.  How many other plants were lost to the drying?
I lost 5 species of Utrics, 3 of which have been replaced.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ Mar. 26 2006,7:11)]Thats bad Jim.How much grow space do you have available?

Jerry
I moved my pigmy dews to the attic, where they can take the cooler temps, as well as temperate sundews. I have a little bit of room for warm temperate / tropical sundews at our kitchen window sills, but not much more. At least the temps are moderating next week and I take that which had been in the attic to outside.

Back