What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hilla im buying more plants (is addictive), here go the list, tell me wich ones are like ppl say bomb proof (noobs proof)
smile_l_32.gif
, i want neps!! XD.
neps:
alata
Velvet
miranda
coccinea
sanguinea

drosera:
adelae
alicia
spathulata
binata
japonica
capensis
capensis red
carbarup
filiformis
madagascarensis
nataliensis

sars:
purpurea
catesbae
psitacinea
farhamii

pings:
ag X hem
agnatha
primuliflora
moranensis
ibarrae
esseriana
ehlersiae

others:
u.longifolia
u.sandersonii
u.subulatta
ceph
darlingtonia

dionaeas: is same care all right?
Red dragon
Red piranhia
Big mouth
Dente
Red mouth
green

answer fast please

smile_m_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Cha, we need your growing conditions. D. capensis is bomb-proof to almost the whole world except Singapore where I am in.
laugh.gif

lol, ok, um, te terraium is 70 to 80 farenheit, and humyditi swing from 64% to 90%, i want a bog garden, there the conditions are 40% humidity (almost all time), temp from 70f nights to 100f max in hot days. i tink is getting more hot out there.
smile_h_32.gif

if you want a nice looking bomb-proof nep get N. Ventrata. as already stated CAPENSIS IS ALMIGHTY. IN YEAR 2046(and a half) THEY WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!! try some terrestrial utrics they can be very pretty! and depending on your winter conditions...Sarrs, VFTs, terrestrial utrics, sundews and POSSIBLY some warm temperate butterworts. put a shade cloth over them in the sun. the summer temps seem RELY HOT!!!! to get the temps down for your plants use a small fan to blow some cool air. N. Ventrata could also do well in these condidtions.
good growing
alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]CAPENSIS IS ALMIGHTY. IN YEAR 2046(and a half) THEY WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!

you think it will take that long? i was thinking in about 2020(and three-fourths) myself

most Drosera do not like high humidity and low air circulation. infact most would prefer 20% and lots of air movement

U. sandersonii is simple to grow and i HIGHLY recomend it

ok, um winter is cold very cold we get 5°F but inside my room the are protected from snow and ice.

oh forgot, urtics cool i get them all!!, vtf are doing fine, i will pick 2 maybe any oft these nepenthes are easy to keep?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]as already stated CAPENSIS IS ALMIGHTY. IN YEAR 2046(and a half) THEY WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!

Except Singapore. Seriously no one has managed to grow them well without some form of cooling. Even then, it is struggling just to be normal.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ Mar. 28 2006,5:00)]Except Singapore. Seriously no one has managed to grow them well without some form of cooling. Even then, it is struggling just to be normal.
laugh.gif
But I hear they do okay in Malaysia. go figure.....
smile_l_32.gif

i know were they wont suvirve! next my saltwater tank!, the salt that gets out of its kill or damage all plants, i try once to put a comon plant next to it, it look very cool, but the plant get very damaged, one i put a tulip but the flowers dry, so later of that i decide only a lithop (the stone plant right?), that is in the front will suvirve, its protected by the lamp so no salt over there, well im moving my tank to put a growing rack, cool?, the tank is going to be next my bed, hope dont eat many salt!
smile_m_32.gif

As primulaflora has had its place in some circles as a weed ~ i found them to be pretty useful in the green house, they attract knats and fruit flies quickly. i have a dozen or more placed here and there in 6 in pots and on a daily basis they keep my herbs and starter plants free of tiny pesky flying intruders.
have fun & happy growing

i will get one soon, thanks
smile.gif

Back