What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you ever just want to die?

• Thread starter JMurphy97
  • Start date
So I was thinking how I should go. Do it myself or join the Marines and hope I get killed over there? The guy who didn't want me that they say is my dad was/is (once a Marine, always a Marine) so that's kinda cool I guess. I dunno, what do you all think. I hope I don't get kicked off the site, I'm just asking opinions here.

Sure thing. Life isn't always easy, and even during the smooth times you can feel utterly like crap. Whether there's things going on, or you've got depression, it's easy to feel like it'd be nice for everything to go away. At least for a while.

I'm not sure if this is the perfect place to discuss this (I don't mind it, but someone might) but you can PM me if this gets locked. It might be a good idea to find out if your family has a history of depression, if you don't know what's going on.

Do you know why you feel the way you do; that is, is it for a reason, or just the way you feel?

In either case, I can see where you're coming from. But it's tough times like these that you can rely on your friends and family, or the good folks here. If you ever feel like talking, even just for idle chit-chat, there's always plenty of people here willing to have a talk.

But in the end, being dead would really accoumplish a whole lot of nothing for yourself, and would be even worse for all those you know and love. Dunno, I'm having trouble trying to put it in to words without sounding cliche or cheesy...

Well, I suppose it'd help to know, if you can say, why it is you feel so down? Don't you just hate it when you don't know why?
confused.gif
But this, too, shall pass. Jus' hang on.

To answer your original question well ya, a couple of times but then again since then there have been many times I'm glad I didn't follow through. Life has a funny way of kicking you in the n**** and then once you've caught your breath you can see a brighter side. Feel free to PM me. I don't have any good advise for you but would have lots of time to share experiences with ya. Like EST said there are lots of people on the forum that do give a hoot. Give us a chance and you'll feel right at home here. We don't discriminate between plant lovers even though everyone knows that the Drosera species is hands down the best
smile_m_32.gif
Right Everybody !

Ditto! I agree with everything said by Droseraguy, right down to his assessment of sundews.

If worst comes to worst i promise you you will love buying a bunch of plants
smile_m_32.gif

Ill be prayin for you. even if you dont believe!!!

Cheers

I dunno I just want to get outta here. I know everyone on this site are amazing people that care about everyone new or old and that's really cool now in this world today. I dunno what else to say. I have a meeting with a Marine recruiter today and we'll see what happens. Anyone here a Marine?

This is what your 20s are for... that's the conclusion I've come to. They're for surviving. Just getting through them with most of your limbs intact.

Most of my 20s have been a miserable experience and I've repeatedly been exactly where you are (except I didn't want to join the military
smile.gif
). 30 is coming up on me soon and I think I'm glad for it.

After observing people much older I realized that they barely even remember their 20s. Everything that was so filled with meaning and drama that they went through in their 20s is now just a blur of stupidity they don't even think about anymore. Them looking back on their 20s is like us looking back on when we broke our mom's vase when we were 6... it wasn't a life or death situation... it was just something stupid we did that everyone did when they were 6. No big deal... just part of growing up.

So it isn't a case of your life spiraling downward forever. You're just paying your dues. Very little that drags you down now will even phase you in a decade. When you break a vase now, you just say, "Sorry, Mom. My bad. I'll get you a new one."... rather than crying and hiding in the closet all day.
smile.gif
Apply that knowledge to your present and future.

I'm not going to tell you "life will get better"... because life is life. But I will tell you that you'll get better at life. It's inevitable.

Go into the airforce they treat you better,
I know what i have to say doesnt help much, but ive moved aroud sence Jr High. I never really have had many friends till my mom retired from the airforce... I had to find my self, i went through alot of crap, I was on drugs and suicidal... im better now and realize that life is to great to waste... This is what has helped me out, Sort out where you are in life, try to understand how you feel where you are, and Talk to close friends, it helped me alot.

Im in Highschool all this stuff took place from when i was 12-15...

As much as you might not care im going to say it any ways. God has a plan for you, you just need to ask him what it is, he wont say it to you directaly but he will show you some how... Just as him!! I hope you figure things out..

Cheers

Yes, I've been there.  I think many people have to one degree or another.  But as cliche as it may sound, things DO get better.  It is always a shame when someone takes their life when if they could have just stuck it out a little longer, they'd see the light at the end of the tunnel.

One of the best resources a person has are friends.  Doesn't matter if its "in person" or online, just talking and sharing with other people and letting them know how you feel can make a big difference.  Although family is usually good support too, sometimes its your peers who can make the most difference.  And also counseling and perhaps medication can help a lot too.

Do not think you are alone in how you feel.  Open up and share and you'll probably find others who know EXACTLY how you feel who have beat the feeling and gone on to become happier individuals.

Don't let a rough period in your life become the reason to end it.  For everything bad, there is something good to balance it out.  Sometimes you have to look for it...but if you do, you'll usually find it.

In the last five years, a good friend of mine has been through: back surgery; mouth cancer (non-smoker) and the removal of half his mouth; mouth reconstruction surgery and skin grafts; being falsely charged with molesting his daughter; cirrhosis of the liver (non-drinker) and being told he can't get a liver transplant because he had cancer; a serious skin ailment; constant kidney stones; the recent death of his 23 year old son (burned to death in a car accident); and he just had a tube stuck into his kidney and is wearing a "pee bag" while he awaits more surgery.  And that's not even all of it.  And he remains a good, kind, giving man who STILL has a sense of humor.  I look at how he has handled five years of the most incredible sadness, grief, pain and stress you can ever imagine and my problems look mighty small...

Don't let problems and/or depression take away from you the good things life has to offer.  There is beauty and joy in the world even if things get dark and you can't always see it.  **Its still there.**

I agree with plantakiss

You think youre problems are so horrible... but their are really small they have small problems...

And plantakiss youre friends probebly the strongest person i think i know of...

Im still prayin for you man...

Cheers

Yeah...he really amazes me. The worst was losing his son...that was just a couple of months ago. They were very close. After all he's been through...just when you think there isn't another bad thing that could possibly happen to him...it did. He's having a hard time dealing with the death of his son but he can still smile and laugh and lend a helping hand when you need it. I have great admiration for his strength.

You all are right. I thank you all for the concern about someone you really don't know. I'll get through it all. Who else will look after my animals and plants? Thanks again.

You are very welcome. People can be closed minded to understanding a hopeless feeling, it's sad for the people who do need encouragement. Many people may read these posts but not have anything positive to say. It can be hard to relate to people when you speak and everything you hear back seems like it's your fault or you can always control what you think and feel. You are more than a steward of plants and animals. I'm glad they make you happy and God has given them to you. You are a human being made in the image of God as His word says. All peoples of the world have been made in His image. Jesus said when you seek me with all of your heart then you will find me. He also said, the words I speak to you are spirit and life. God Bless you Jason.

JMurphy97, hang in there and don't give up. Or as I say, "Don't let the B******s win
mad.gif
!

Back