What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First concert you saw

• Thread starter Dyflam
  • Start date
Thought this might be interesting as well.

Black Sabbath 1970

Peter Frampton, as in Frampton Comes Alive!

Guns & Roses '87 along with Zodiac Mind Warp and Udo Dirksnieder from Accept. I didn't actually get to go to a concert until I went to college ! Now I realize why I was so sheltered.

They Might Be Giants. Weird choice I guess.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dyflam @ Mar. 28 2006,12:04)]Thought this might be interesting as well.

Black Sabbath 1970
You are so lucky. I've seen sabbath many many times. I even met all four members.

My first concert was Van Halen.

Adam Ant in 1981 (the Romantics opened for them)

I was a 12 year old skater when I went to my first show, it was D.R.I. and The Accused. Incidentally it was the first time I got wasted too!
smile_n_32.gif

Ah, the good old days when I liked waking up sick!
laugh.gif

I'm embarrased to say my first concert was when I was 12 and it was to see the New Kids on the Block. Remember them?

Adam Ant? lol I'd forgotten about him.
smile.gif

Mine was James Taylor in Greensboro NC when I was in high school. Great concert...he looked miiighty fine in his jeans and simple white shirt. It was rumored Carol King might be there but unfortunately she wasn't.

Second one was Grand Funk Railroad...with Mark Farner and his beeeaauutiful long golden tresses flashing in the strobe light. lol

Rush in 1979 - I was twelve and my Dad went!! LOL - he wore earplugs, sat behind us, and didn't like that "funny" cigarette smoke (you could smoke cigs in colisseums back then) coming from the older teenagers in front of us!

Bob Dylan at West Point. Openner was Lenny Kravitz (as a nobody at the time). Think I was 14 or 15.

Second was the Pet Shop Boys. They were actually pretty good!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Mar. 30 2006,9:08)]Adam Ant?  lol  I'd forgotten about him.  
smile.gif
I went with a friend of mine and his older brother. I was eleven at the time and it was just before I started listening to Iron Maiden.

Blue Oyster cult at a community college, 1974 or very early 75. Second was Kiss 3/21/75 at the Beacon theater in NYC with Jo Jo Gunn as the opener.

Tom

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Rush in 1979 - I was twelve and my Dad went!! LOL - he wore earplugs, sat behind us, and didn't like that "funny" cigarette smoke (you could smoke cigs in colisseums back then) coming from the older teenagers in front of us!

That was my first concert too. I saw them in Atlanta at the beginning of 1980. But I had reached the advanced age of 18.

first concert was iron maiden (with anthrax opening). don't remember the year though... it was after maiden pulled out eddy's brain, but before joey belladonna left anthrax. that makes it the "no prayer for the dying" tour, right?

tech...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommyr @ Mar. 30 2006,9:32)]Blue Oyster cult at a community college, 1974 or very early 75. Second was Kiss 3/21/75 at the Beacon theater in NYC with Jo Jo Gunn as the opener.

Tom
Ahhh... Jo Jo Gunn. Just bought a CD by them.

I saw Deep Purple in Madison Square Garden in 1971. My second concert was Black Sabboth, and Ted Nugent opened up for them. I was in the 4th row center at MSG. I lost a few brain cells that nite!

Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Monterey Pop Festival Allman brothers, American Lighthouse, Hampton Roads, Va.
James Taylor & SeaTrain, Tanglewood, In Massachusetts.
Led Zeppelin, Boston Garden, Boston, Mass.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 03 2006,12:46)]Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Monterey Pop Festival                       Allman brothers, American Lighthouse, Hampton Roads, Va.
James Taylor & SeaTrain, Tanglewood, In Massachusetts.
Led Zeppelin, Boston Garden, Boston, Mass.
rub it in why don't ya...

I DID!!!!!! AIN'TCHA PAYIN' ATTENTION??????????

Back