What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's on your turntable ?

• Thread starter droseraguy
  • Start date

droseraguy

Illinois
Since we’re in the mood for a melody today, how about the last 5 albums/cds/tapes or 8 tracks you’ve got in you player/deck or turntable. IPODS and all that junk don’t count, I mean actually listened to the whole thing not one song. All the concert threads are nice but I would hope I’ve come along way since my long hair and long nights ! Here’s mine:

Best of Jackson Browne
Nina Sky
Eagles - Hell freezes over
Guess Who greatest hits
Greenday (Ok this is my boys but it's in MY truck)

Let's see...

Heavy Vegetable: The Undersea Adventures of Aqua Kitty and Friends
Spanish Harlem Allstars: Una Gran Dia en el Barrio
The Mars Volta: Deloused in the Comatorium
The Pillows: Happy Bivouac
and some Ventures album I don't know the name of

Most of these are on my iPod but I do make a practice of listening to albums all the way through; I prefer music that I can listen to without having to bother to change the song every three minutes.
~Joe

lately? mostly Sirius Satellite in the truck but in the cars cd player its been:

Metallica: Reload
Guns and Roses: Greatest Hits
The Punisher Soundtrack

i think thats it lately

The whole way through? Most recently "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs" by Derek and the Dominos, followed by the Yardbirds' "Greatest Hits" which I guess whouldn't count. After that comes a bunch of Zeppelin albums, but mostly "Led Zeppelin" (I)
biggrin.gif

~ Brett

My car doesn't have a CD player. It barely has a tape player. On of these days I'll dig up all of my old Jethro Tull and Genesis CDs and get those in there for when I'm tired of the radio.

I have an MP3 player. It has about 64 mb of sapce on it. With a 32mb card inside.
laugh.gif

In my CD player in my room (which I got last christmas) it's generally the "Stormwatch" album by Jethro Tull, their "The Best Of", my Presidents of the United States of America CD, and my Seatbelts CD (love that one.)

All I can say is, thank God I've got MP3s on my computer, otherwise I'd be pretty much musically devoid. As I'm sure you can tell, I'm hip to all of the latest and greatest in music fashion. NOT.

My CD player (a hand-me-down which I got 2 years ago) takes 6 double A batteries, and lasts about a half hour on those batteries. It's slightly wider than your average CD player, but it's about 4 inches longer, mainly due to the fact that it has the ability to double as a CD rom, and because you need to put all the batteries somewhere.
laugh.gif

Turntable? That would be:

Mahler's 5th symphony
Dvorak's 8th
J.S. Bach mix
Prokofiev Suite from Liutenant Kije

Is all I can remember right now

Peter

Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime (OM II out April '06)
Queensryche: The Warning
Dio: Greatest Hits
Disturbed: 10,000 Fists
Evanescence: Fallen

Dr John the Night Tripper is on the turntable, but I need a new cartridge

I think the five in the CD player are the first from Arrested Development, REM's Automatic for the People, Bob Geldof's Happy Club, Radio Head's Pablo Honey, and Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream.

for some reason i cant picture you listening to that Bruce
confused.gif
good choice though. havent listened to that one in awhile

On my not working turntable that i listen to when i can get it to work wich is rarely.. Beach boys album..

On the other hand saved on my computer in Mp3 format Are what I usualy listen to!
Zoot Suit Riot by Cherry Popin Daddys
Billy Joel greatest Hits Vol. 1
Presidents of The united states of america Self titled
Beer By Reel Big Fish
Deftones Self Titled

And a bunch of underground bands albums
cool.gif
Cheers

Whoa, I guess I'm the only one here that listens to hip-hop. No CD's here all my cars have MD players so here's my list.

TI- King
Lil Flip- I Need Mine
Jeezy- Let's Get It
Disturbed- Ten Thousand Fists
Linkin Park- Meteora
Juvenile- Juve the Great
Mudvayne- The Beginning of All Things to End
Marilyn Manson- Antichrist Superstar

There is a whole lot more but those are what I've heard most recently. Come on guys, give hip-hop a chance.

I don't own any hip hop or any of that kinda radio rock stuff never will!
Metal til death!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

My latest spinners are
Therion "Deggial" CD (it's actually 97% classical and 3% metal but classical music be heavy is written well)

Witchfinder General "Live in 1983" this was just reissued from this cult 70's british doom metal band so it's available and locatable. True Black Sabbath fans must get out there and find it you'll freak out! The cover sucks!
smile_h_32.gif

Hirax "Thrash til Death" DVD. OK, it's not a CD or LP but it's music related and I just got it for review on battlehelm.com so it's new (actually it's not for sale in shops until the end of April). This classic California skater metal band still shreds after 20 years! The bulk of this DVD was recorded in Minneapolis last May. The rest of the DVD is other live shows around the globe and some classic footage from 1986! "El Diablo Negro!"
mad.gif

I second that Swords...
Metal til death!
only i havent listend to much metal... a bit of slipknot some pantera megadeath and deaftones... But ive been starting in on some ska and big band stuff... and one of them is a mix of ska heavy metal it sounds preaty difrent i guess thats why i like it!

Cheers

pink floyd "is there anybody out there" ("the wall"- live)
dream theater "images and words"
rush "2112"
joe satrini "is there love in space"
praga khan "freakazoids"

tech...

Leonard Cohen "Greatest hits"
Tom Waits       "Swordfish trombone"
Ministry           "A mind is a terrible thing to taste"
Tom waits       "Raindogs"
Pink Floyd       "Animals"

Beatles - Abbey Road
Donald Fagen - Kamikiriad
Madness - Greatest Hits
Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes
Placebo - Without you im nothing.

well the vinyl has been stored, but the discs most recently listened too:

The Grateful Dead: bootleg fro Hampton 3-27-88
Sting: The Ten Summoner's Tale
Love and Rockets: Earth, Sun, Moon
Santana: Sacred Fire
Primus: Sailing the sea of Cheese
The String Cheese Incident:The Sea of Dreams (Live New Year's 2005)

I believe what is in my CD player at the moment is Leon Russell, Joe Cocker and INXS. Or could be Pink, CSNY and Nickelback. Or could be John Mayer, Technotronics and Dirty Vegas. Or...hmmmmm...I'm not sure.

Yay...a Madness fan.
smile.gif

Rammstein - Mutter
White Zombie - Astro-Creep: 2000
White Zombie - Supersexy Swingin' Sounds
DMX - And Then There Was X

Sigur Ros - Takk...
Dir en Grey - Vulgar
Puya - Union
Mudvayne - The End of All Things to Come
Aphex Twin - Drukqs
Holst - The Planets