What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoverboard?

Well, I was browsing through the internet and read an article about hoverboard. It said that some Russian scientist invented this thing by using the mechanism of an UFO-

You know there are positive and negative electrons in both earth and space, And to float freely, make both top and bottom parts of the UFO consisting the electron of : one side positive, one side negative. Than it will float ( Think of a magnet, N gets attached to S, if same, it pushes them apart)

Well (again), there's a hoverboard (like the one in "Back to the Future") invented and it's been sold in the market recently. Does anyone know where to buy this stuff? I can't find it on Ebay.

sounds like crap to me. If something really came out like that, we would DEFINATLY know about it I think...

I got one. I'll post pics of me riding it on Saturday.

If it's not on eBay it doesn't exist

Electrons are negative. If they aren't negative, they aren't electrons anymore.

That's the very first flaw of many in the concept.

Anyobdy remember the magical healing water and the super-accurate prophet, Dr, Turi?
smile_m_32.gif

I think 'positive and negative electrons' might be a misnomer for positive and negative atomic constituents (ie protons and electrons.) Nices could be referring to diamagnetic substances, a very real and well known phenomenon where certain materials weakly repel magnetic fields of any polarity. However, I think that adnedarn and Gawd are probably correct in assuming no such product is available in any practical sense; such a development would surely be all over the news. Remember all the hype about the Segway? I can only assume that a genuine antigravity device would hold the public's attention even longer.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (little Nices @ Mar. 28 2006,8:10)]Well, I saw a video on this
Back to the future screwed the board to his shoes... and used a harness to carry him around. Then added that cool sound later.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 28 2006,11:13)]Back to the future screwed the board to his shoes... and used a harness to carry him around.   Then added that cool sound later.
You have got to be kidding ! I suppose your gonna say now that my "proplene" and "zantharx-3" won't make me thinner while I work on the computer.

You guys are so depressing, I can't wait till my machine arrives from Dr. Who. (Who is by the way a notable time-lord with at least 5 incarnations to his fame.)

I only have faith in 2 things in this world. Jesus Christ and something said by P.T. Barnum.

You're right... I was kidding... The hoverboard was perfected in spain 49 years ago. It was loaned to the makers of back to the future, but only if they promised to make some out takes and "making of" video where they say they screwed the board to his shoes. Later the sound technition, not bound by any contract came out and told the truth. The board dissapeared off of the set the last day it was used and never found. It was said to be taken by the sound man who had released information that it did infact work. It is said by taking apart this device on how the current device you are trying to find has been made. It is the original maker in spain and the makers of back to the future (who are still bound by the contract) that are trying to make the release of the new board seem to be a joke.
Andrew

smile_l_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

That's it guys. Keep pulling both legs or he'll start walking in circles
smile_n_32.gif

BCK, Join us, ...won't you?
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]BCK, Join us, ...won't you?
smile.gif

That's right: join the Dark side.

Nope. Sorry guys I'm too busy working on my hoverboard from Sears..

Back