What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New carnivorous plant genus?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry-Rice @ Mar. 30 2006,5:56)]
species234a.jpg
nepenthes_ak. Gullibility is the way decent people are. Just right click and look at the website for this photo under properties. Not sure what it is, but suffice it to say, it ain't carnivorous. Well played guys!

I took one look and said to myself, hmm, that looks like a chickweed.  Man those suckers can hurt.  Make sure the collector is wearing gloves.

This was a better one Ozzy.

Besides people, would Barry seriously put Ozzy in charge of this if it was real! Come on now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Besides people, would Barry seriously put Ozzy in charge of this if it was real! Come on now.

That's the most obvious observation I've heard all week.

I just want to thank two people, who with out them I could not have pulled this one off. Barry and Suzanne. I came up with the idea, found the plant, took the pics. Suzanne photoshopped the pics to make them a little more cp looking. Barry worte the story around my idea and posted the joke. Thanks guys.

Ozzy when I saw your post following Barry's I started praying for us all
smile_n_32.gif
laugh.gif
. I said we'd all be in trouble if you two got in cahoots together and I was right
confused.gif

Good one! Hehehe.

See, what'd I say? And I know Barry-Rice is well respected (I respect him), but it doesn't mean he doesn't have a sense of humour (just reading the content on his website makes me chuckle)!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]A picture is not proof that something is other than what it appears to be. Does this look like Richard Geer to you (sorry Ozzy)?!

15167913RL509628994.jpg

PS--IF you send me 35 cents, I'll ship him to you, but you have to be a 'serious grower'

LOL! hahaha...yeah when I saw that I thought to myself "that looks like a mashed up drosera!". No one else was involved (insider)?

Thanks for taking the time off to do this.
laugh.gif
But still, I was hoping that they would find a Nepenthes or something on this exploration...

(we need more emoticons!)

I still cant beleive i fell for it...

Cheers

BUUUUUUURN!!!

Okay, I wish I could say I was siding and abetting in my earlier posts.. and the plant DOES look kinda familiar, but you got me, darn it- I should have been suspiciios about how ALL the plants were removed, and that line about "grows in disturbed areas"- if it likes disturbed places, development would be good for it.. a nicely crafted piece of pure BS man, I thouht you were gonna miss this year

I got a question, Does anybody know what the plant really is? I found it on a job I was doing.

LOL, I don't know what it is but it looks like the weeds that are growing all over the place around here. Hurt when you step on them with bare feet. I have always looked at those plants and thought they looked like a cross between a ping and a cactus. I went on a trail ride yesterday through an area that there is supposedly some sarracenias growing, so I was looking at the ground a lot. I had to look twice at a few of those plants to make sure it wasn't a ping I was seeing. I never did find the sarracenia.

I feel like saying thistle, though they begin to climb after a while.

-Ben

Whatever it is, It's just coming out of dormancy. The leaves are all new leaves. Also the hairs are all soft. So they don't hurt. As it starts it's growing season that may change.

Thistle was my first thought too.

it was a joke?
confused.gif
ummm is it actually a carnivorous plant or is it just some fake plant?

u know what? i was happy then upset skiped sad now i feel like kicking someones butt....

It was some weed that I found.

You can take your anger out on me. This is the 3rd year I've done this, and every year somebody wants to kick my butt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ April 02 2006,4:46)]and every year somebody wants to kick my butt.
it wouldn't be aril 1 if someone didn't. LOL

Yeah at least I haven't gotten any death threats like I did last year. At least not yet.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ZING!  I couldn't get here yesterday for all the festivities.  lol  Well done Oz-man!  And thanks to Barry for all his help.  With such a wicked sense of humor, he added just the right "authority" to snag at least some people!  All I did was photoshop some dirt into looking a little bugg-ish.

Ozzy - 3
Forum - 0

hahaha! Maybe next year you can get Jan Schlauer to help out.

But shame on you folks who didn't get mad about the plants being removed and sold.  Tsk tsk!  
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Maybe next year you can get Jan Schlauer to help out.

Well thanks for ruining my plans for next year.

When I posted thething about selling the plants, Ithought there would be outrage, because we dug up a very rare plant and were selling them. Nobody cared about that at all, they just wanted to have one.

Back