What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

store plants

ok im pretty sure that everyone has been into a store (for me its lowes) and seen a stall with carnivorous plants in little cubes and well im thinking of buying one and i was wandering should i repot the plant or let it stay in there?

Repot it. Those cubes are not drained and most of the time the Peat is bone dry. But DO NOT throw them away, they come in handy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Mar. 31 2006,8:03)]Repot it.  Those cubes are not drained and most of the time the Peat is bone dry.  But DO NOT throw them away, they come in handy.
could u give me a example of how the cubes can be handy?

oh and buy the way when i usually buy one in a cube i just put holes in the bottom and but it in a suacer of water

Trust me, as your collection grows you will find all kinds of uses for the cubes.

As long as the complete media is wet then drilling holes in the bottom is cool.

See my picture of a cobra lily in your other topic. I use the bottom portion to rest the repotted plant upon, so I can water and allow for drainage.

Back