What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old asteroid game

• Thread starter firewired
  • Start date
I'm trying to find an old game I played 10+ years ago on an apple computer. I think it was called Asterex or something like that. It was basically an asteroid game like the classic, except it had ship upgrades and weapon upgrades and was in full color. I think I remember it being only for Apple too....but I can't find any info on it on the internet. I was hoping somebody remembers the game.

Kind of a trip down memory lane...I thought it would be fun to get the game now and see if it's anything like I remembered it. I probably won't be as impressed with the graphics as I was back then.
smile.gif

Joel

I searched for it but couldn't find anything. Maybe JBLwill look for it. If it's there he will find it.

Asterax? I believe it was published by Ambrosia Software. I know which one you're talking about.
~Joe

Icon Asterax 1.2A one or two player Asteroids-type game with four channel sound. You get to pick your ship from three different choices, each having different strengths and weaknesses.

* License: Shareware, $10
* Author/Publisher: Michael Hanson/Arvandor Software
* Modification Date: August 30, 1994
* Requirements: 680x0

Direct DownloadDownload 680x0Download Classic PPC File Size: 624 Kb
Parent Directory

foudn this from:
here.
Hope it helps.
smile.gif

Edit:
a possible downloadable version....
and another
This search was too easy... LOL

I can't play it. It's for Mac.
smile_h_32.gif

Shut up PAK
mad.gif

It's okay ozzy.... It's just a weak version of asteroids. LOL

I'm gonna report you to a Mod for telling a forum member to shut up! That's not allowed!
smile_n_32.gif

You better because you know that you can't do anything to me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You better because you know that you can't do anything to me.

You better watch it, Ozzy: you're this close to getting another completely arbitrary block under your name.
mad.gif

laugh.gif

It's like nuclear weapons, she knows I can do the same to her, so she is too scared to sqaure me.

Don't you have another square that you didn't have before?!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
What happened?!

I don't have any more than you have.
smile.gif

Thanks guys! That looks like it's the right game....now the only problem is that I have a new mac with one of the Intel chips, and it says it's not supported on this system.

Any other ideas? I thought that under "Rosetta" these new computers would run anything the old ones did.

Excuse me , it's rude to hijack somebody's topic, Me and Pak were busy nuking each other.

HEY I FOUND THE PROGRAM! Do NOT ask me to help trouble shoot your MAC!!!!
mad.gif
That's just stepping over the line!
hehe

I guess the problem is that the program is made to run on OS 9. The new intel based Macs can't run OS 9 programs. I guess I will just have to play it at work. Nice job on finding that!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I guess I will just have to play it at work.

What else would you do there?

laugh.gif

Who would want a stinking mack anyways!!
smile_n_32.gif
And why get a Mac if your only going to get one with an IBM based chip in it to run windows anyways?
smile_m_32.gif
LMAO

I'm just foolin. I can't stand Macs, but to each their own. LMAO

Heads are going to roll when Pak reads this. She'll probably give you a sqaure for that comment Josh.

Hehe. Josh...I used to think the same way as you until I started working on one for 8 hours a day. They build in so many little things that make life easier and just make sense. I would get so used to being on one, I would get home and work on my PC and it just didn't seem right.

I do wish you could build your own Mac like you can PCs, but I do like OS X alot....even better than Windows XP. That's saying alot because XP is a nice OS too.

PAK...you gonna back me up on this?
biggrin.gif

Back