What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ohio CP growers

Just to be safe, I'd gradually build up to full sun over 6 to 7 days to avoid leaf burn. You can always put them in full sun sooner if they look like they are adapting qiuckly.

smile.gif

Just thought i would double check ya kno?

Cheers

I never had a problem, with leaf burn while I was there. I would just throw them outside right in the sun. But I also had very high light levels when I had them inside.

That could also be it to...

Well they are now out, on a windy mid 50's day... its suposed to get around the 40's tonight... hope it doesnt drop to much lower.. HOPE fully the rain will keep it above freezing...
blues.gif

Cheers

I wouldn't worry too much about them. Mine survived 20 below zero.

mine arent in ground though... I might do that this summer set up something like that, what did you do to have them like that? Did you mulch? Did you put tarps over? if we get a green house i will be putting them in their (it will probably be a cold frame (tear i want a warm house or a hot house Green house!!) If that doesnt happen ill be getting a in ground bog... if not a Wheel barrel bog like i mentioned b4

Cheers

I dug a hole, installed a pond liner. Added silica rocks, sand and peat. Added plants. In the winter, I just put about a foot of pine straw on top. The hardest thing was finding pine straw. If you decide to go this route which I highly recommend. Let me know, I'll give you some tips that I had to learn the hard way.

How can you beat a method that is almost maintenance free.

Back