What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croton

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents recently bought a croton, and I have a few questions on how to grow it.
1. How much water does it like?
2. What soil mix works best for it?
3. How much light should I give it.
Thanks,
dewy

if i move to florida you know what im doing?

Growing a ton of those and have sarr's around them...

Cheers

Well, I have some crotons in frog tanks with pure spaghnum moss and it is very wet. I doubt that is optimal conditions for them, but they have done well so far. Just give them lots of light. They seem pretty hard to kill.

Humidity seems to be the key ~ I worked at a interior plantscape company where i would water once a week mainly in highrise buildings and banks where the temp was controlled usually on the warmer side.. croton's did well in diffused light with a tray of water underneath.i would keep it in a plastic pot where moisture can be held. clay pots dry out so fast even with a tray below ,the top of the plant never gets any of the water because the clay is drinking it half way up the pot.also don't mist it and then put it in the sun it will get brown spots ~ it seems fussy but its not it just doesnt like to be moved around alot,its better left alone in one place for a time. if it wilts cut back on the water ~ if it gets crispy and loses leaves give more water ~ its a tropical , so it should be potted in peat moss so it retains a little water ~
good luck ~they are striking plants ~

Moved to misc. plants forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back