What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Experiment

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Today I scarfed up a few plastic trays from Home Depot that were formerly used for displaying rose bushes, wrapped in plastic. Each (15) cell tray has 4 slits for drainage. I fitted a couple of them to plastic storage containers, adding soil media to and placed nearly all of my bladderworts & butterworts in each cell. That's 2, huge open tray set ups, housing 30 species - for free!

Sounds like a deal.

I like the idea of being able to see what I have at a glance. Took a look at it this morning and realized the my P. potosciensis is indeed sending up a stalk. This started out as a way of being able to see the bladders from the Utrics, but it's convenient tohave eveything all together, especially for pictures, assuming I can borrow a camera. In the process of transferring, I could see that many of the butterworts have divided and leaves have spawned new plants. so I'm pretty excited about it. Next up are setups with rotting fruit!

Here's two pictures of not so great quality. Hopefully, the pictures that followed, a couple days later, will be better:

Strausplants002.jpg

Strausplants001.jpg

GENIOUS!!! i like how you can just write the names and not use lables. great setup!
alex

Niice. Easy, convinent way to keep species seperate but still togeather
grinning-smiley-045.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]GENIOUS!!! i like how you can just write the names and not use lables. great setup!

The labeling is nice, because with a bunch of tabs in the way you'd have more name tabs than plants.

Of course, since space is so cramped, you could label the 4 corners of each pack and make a paper mock-up of it where you can write what's in each. Since the corners are labeled, it couldn't get flipped without your knowing it, you'd have more room to write, and you could erase and rewrite.

Lookin' good!

Back