What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday, the day Jesus Christ died on the cross for us. If you care to take some time out of your day and reflect upon it that would be awesome.

Are there words of thanksgiving that can truely express how my heart feels? How great, how precious a gift you have given us and we don't deserve it Lord! You were blameless, pure, untainted, and untouched by sin yet you took the wrath for all the sin of the whole world. Thank you for freeing us and taking our place. We are so unworthy of your grace. I can never say thank you enough Lord, you have blessed me and filled me with so much love. I pray that for everyone who reads this that you would fill their heart with the love you have given me, and that they would crave you Lord. That they would hunger and thirst until they find you. I don't know what I'd do without you! I love you!

Please feel free and reply with praise to the one who paid our debt.

Godbless and LOVE!

Thank you for this post. Jesus is the only one worthy of praise. Thank you for your prayer as well. God is patient and longsuffering ,not wishing that any should perish, and I thank Him for it. Thank you Jesus ,for your mercy endures forever.

John 11: 25, 26

25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Jesus is the only one worthy of praise.

"ekam sat viprā bahudhā vadanti"
"Truth is One, but sages call it by many names."
Rig Veda, one of the 4 Vedic scriptures of Hinduism

While I have no problem with proclamations of faith, I would appreciate it if you did not claim one particular set of beliefs is the only way.

Mokele

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mokele @ April 16 2006,2:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Jesus is the only one worthy of praise.

"ekam sat viprā bahudhā vadanti"
"Truth is One, but sages call it by many names."
Rig Veda, one of the 4 Vedic scriptures of Hinduism

While I have no problem with proclamations of faith, I would appreciate it if you did not claim one particular set of beliefs is the only way.

Mokele
Hear, hear.

There are different paths to the top of the mountain.

According to God, there is only one - through faith in Jesus as the one who abolished our sins by dying on the cross.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]According to God, there is only one

According to *your* God. Not all of us believe in him, or even in any divinity at all. I'm well aware of the Christian perspective on the subject, but you need to realize that yours is simply one of many perspectives, and that regardless of which, if any, is right, simply stating that your beliefs are correct and everyone else's are wrong doesn't exactly communicate the tolerant atmosphere of mutual respect that this (or any other) forum requires in order to thrive.

You believe your way is correct; if you didn't think it was correct, it would be rather silly for you to believe it, after all. But others here, including myself, follow different paths, and would appreciate it if those paths were not belittled. You don't need to put down other faiths to proclaim your own.

Mokele

Ok, its not out of hand yet, but be careful where you take this post, guys. Just a little preventative moderator suggestion.

Thanks,
Cole

Those who do not believe, Ignore this thread. Those that believe, Praise and worship your God any way you see fit. Anyone else, this is Outsiders Thread. DO NOT tear it up, respect Outsiders views and beliefs. NO ONE is asking you to believe anything, or espouse knowledge of any other beliefs. This is a Praise and Love thread, specifically. Want to spout off about other beliefs, start a thread of your own. Thank You!-------Bugweed

^ Amen ^

I would say more but i dont want to fuel this any more

Happy Easter all

Cheers

nep ak, there was nothing TO fuel quite yet. Best to tell those who think its baloney, to just stay off and away from a post that means nothing to them, as it is. This is not quite open to discussion, as it is meant for something else for those who wish to believe it.

wow lol for a while i was thinking i was the only christian here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mokele @ April 16 2006,9:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]According to God, there is only one

According to *your* God. Not all of us believe in him, or even in any divinity at all. I'm well aware of the Christian perspective on the subject, but you need to realize that yours is simply one of many perspectives, and that regardless of which, if any, is right, simply stating that your beliefs are correct and everyone else's are wrong doesn't exactly communicate the tolerant atmosphere of mutual respect that this (or any other) forum requires in order to thrive.

You believe your way is correct; if you didn't think it was correct, it would be rather silly for you to believe it, after all. But others here, including myself, follow different paths, and would appreciate it if those paths were not belittled. You don't need to put down other faiths to proclaim your own.

Mokele
[semi-rant]
Listen...this was never meant to be a bashing thread. It's about love and praise. I'm sorry if you feel offended, or segregated, I just wanted to share the joy and love of Jesus which is available for everyone. I'm sorry you don't "follow our way", but we are not trying to belittle you. As far as I'm concearned the only belitting that has been done here is your insecurity of your faith. Yes there are many different perspectives and ways to live life and we're very tolerant of it. We just believe in The Way, and that isn't a belitting statement. That is a promise and a truth from Jesus Christ.
[end semi-rant]

Today is now Easter, the third day, the day you rose Lord defeating death and giving us life. We were crucified with you on the cross and because of this we are no longer bound to this world. May you pour down your holy spirit upon us and bring us ever so closer to you. We love you Lord, fill us with you!

Listen...this was never meant to be a bashing thread. It's about love and praise. I'm sorry if you feel offended, or segregated, I just wanted to share the joy and love of Jesus which is available for everyone. I'm sorry you don't "follow our way", but we are not trying to belittle you. As far as I'm concearned the only belitting that has been done here is your insecurity of your faith. Yes there are many different perspectives and ways to live life and we're very tolerant of it. We just believe in The Way, and that isn't a belitting statement. That is a promise and a truth from Jesus Christ.
[end semi-rant]

Well that was not really necessary, semi-rant or not. Stick to the reason you are here, O71. Focus simply on the love and praise, and do not even respond to the rest. You know their fate anyway. Our focus is always being attacked by "the roaring lion that goes to and fro, seeking whom he may devour." So focus beyond the roar to the core of it all. What did Jeremiah say? Come out from amomg them, and be ye separate. So be separate. As it is, don't respond to Pilate. Set the example.

Great words brother
smile.gif
! I just felt it necessary to distinguish between "my view is > than yours" and Jesus saying, "I am the way". Either way Christ has been praised!
smilie4.gif

Their are a few christains on hear, but their usualy isnt room for discusion, cause others get offended. When as bugweed said they simply dont have to comment if they dont find interest in it or they are offended by it.

Cheers

To be fair, it is easter and a bit of Bible quotation is probably quite fitting. These kind of threads are not my cup of tea really, but this is an American based forum, in a Christian country.

lol alvin meister, I think the correct term is Christain started Country. Salvation isnt genetic!

Yes Quoting is a good idea!

- With Jesus’ help, let us continually offer our sacrifice of praise to God by proclaiming the glory of his name. (Hebrews 13:15)

- Give honor to the LORD for the glory of his name. Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness. (Psalm 29:2)

- 23 But the time is coming and is already here when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for anyone who will worship him that way. 24 For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.” (John 4:23, 24)

Christians shouldnt be Tollorent.

Cheers

Back