What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COST OF LIVING!

• Thread starter fc3srx713b
  • Start date
Well, I get a measly 2% raise next year, but I also won a $3k research grant for the summer which means I get more money than I otherwise would and don't have to teach to earn it.

Mokele

i got 2 poopy diapers yesterday.

today, nothing. just some pee.

if all goes well though, i may have a job lined up where the hubby works. (like i really wanna see him at work) he's a driver though so i won't have to actually see him in person all day at least.

he did get a raise recently. he makes a set amount plus bonuses so there's no percentage to pinpoint.

well i heard my cousin got some .50 raise or is gonna get it this month. i got a 1.00 raise so that was cool when i got the message.

raise? nah, but i did get my quarterly bonus (pays on 4/21) and is about equal to one weeks pay...

tech...
somewhere in north carolina tonight...

I got a raise two weeks ago,not for cost of living.I think it was $50-$60 more per week.

Jerry

dont have a job!! This summer I should though. Thats when it gets fun. Job(hopefully at a Green house), Car, Summer School, Horticultural Practaices, Girlfriend, And Summer Camp!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Now i know how you guys feel. Only its hitting me all at once!!
smile_h_32.gif

Cheers

GIRLFRIEND?!?!?!?! if you are just getting a job, i suggest you not get one!!!!
here are some tips. if you wanna have fun, dont get a girlfriend, get a job and have two accounts, one for saving and one for spending, and live with your parents for as long as can!!!!! trust me!
smile_m_32.gif

only then will you have gotten all the appliances you need, and have spent all the money you please. i see that you are 15
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ April 21 2006,4:15)]GIRLFRIEND?!?!?!?! if you are just getting a job, i suggest you not get one!!!!
here are some tips. if you wanna have fun, dont get a girlfriend, get a job and have two accounts, one for saving and one for spending, and live with your parents for as long as can!!!!! trust me!
smile_m_32.gif

only then will you have gotten all the appliances you need, and have spent all the money you please. i see that you are 15
smile.gif
good advice about the 2 accounts!
but I must disagree about "living with your parents as long as you can"..thats just lame.
sure, you save some money, but at what cost to your manhood?
smile_m_32.gif

but.."living with your parents as long as you can" is a sure-fire way to NOT get a girlfriend! so you can save doubly that way..if not wanting a girlfriend is something you desire..

no woman worth having over age 21 would want a guy who lives with his parents, it just reeks of "loser"....and really, no guy (or girl) over the age of 21 should be living with their parents anyway...

scot

Would you rather have her keep me strait and on the right path and help remind me about my spiritual Ways. Or have me stoned all summer, drop out of school, let all my plants die and get in alot of trouble?? We are preaty mutual and dont spend to much money on each other any ways so.

My mom wants me to go to dorms for my freshman year of collage, then I can live at home. (I am going to try to go some place close!) Thanks for the warning though.

And to alot of my friends, growing plants is a sniff of loser as a simple way of putting it.

Cheers

Back