What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gap year project ideas

Hi all,
I will be taking a gap year from around June 2006 - August 2007 before entering my university in LA, california. So, since you guys are the best ppl I know who can throw random ideas besides being a huge international knowledge base, I need to consult you for ideas on what I can do to spend my time (productively). I have had pretty good results posting here for ideas b4, so hope it will repeat.
smile.gif

I am interested generally in biology (hence the interest in cps, genetic engineering, stem cells and all the other contreversial fields) and economics/business. I thought it would be quite useful if I could be an assistant of some sort, or an apprentice (almost like an internship) in a lab or something. However can take up any interesting stuff like trekking, self-imrovement programs, skill developing, I dunno...taking a temporary job would be good experience as well (psst does anyone know if any of the Nepenthes nurseries employ temporarily?).
smile_m_32.gif

I am looking for ideas anywhere in the world but mainly in asia (close to home) and hawaii (relatives there), australia, NZ. So. Cal won't be bad either, get to know the place and which place is where before I plant myself there for 4 years.

So, pls post any of your ideas, just try not to make the thread too ridiculous as what I do with my life for one year is kinda important. Lastly, I want to have fun, and mix w/ ppl my age group, these are the two main points of the gap year.

Peace,
Jason

Yeah you should come to Colorado Springs and hang out here for a while.

Jeremiah

I would visit the LACPS and some of our forum members.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ April 17 2006,3:41)]Yeah you should come to Colorado Springs and hang out here for a while.

Jeremiah
First I need to learn the map of the US.
biggrin.gif

I will have plenty of time whilst in LA to visit all the Nepenthes growers in that area I am sure.
smile.gif
Although hanging out with Jeremiah doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Back