What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Letchworth Park

But little did Ozzy know that Bug's meds were made of pollen the whole time...... (Twilight Zone music)

-Ben

Only the med's were a mix of Drosera and Doniaea muscipula Pollen!

Cheers

Jimscott, Moonflower, Scottychaos, well, my dad said that he 'wouldn't mind going', so I guess that means I can go. So, I guess we should schedule sometime to go. How 'bout the first weekend in May if weather permits?

-Ben

finals weekend, unfortunately ;) cell biology and organic chem own my soul until the middle of May, then i leave for home!

have fun though! Letchworth is such a gorgeous park (no pun intended), with or without CP's.

I dont think I will be able to commit to anything this spring..
summer maybe.

My wife and I are in the middle of some serious house-hunting!
it has been our entire life for the last month, and will probably continue to be our entire life for the next 3-4 months..
weekends are booked..

not much to see this time of year anyway..(unless you are really into CP flowers..personally, im not.)
by July-August all the S. purpurea will have nice ptcher clusters.

I know of no CPs inside Letchworth park,
the bog I was referring to is south of the park.

you locals, check for a PM!

Scot

I can't go in July, I'll be in CA. So maybe in August?

-Ben

It's worth seeing even if there aren't any CP to be found, a really beautiful park that was an immense gift to the State of NY.

Scottychaos if you're out there, wasn't this the area where Pinguicula vulgaris was supposed to be found?

If anyone is interested I have a local bog I visit, S. purpurea purpurea, D. rotundifoia, D. intermedia and lots of other beautiful non-CP. Be happy to take you there anytime you're passing through my area (between Rochester and Syracuse). The park is a bit of a haul from here, but might make it if this ever gets together.

Next time my wife wants to go to Lands End....

Hmm... after reading through this thread, it seems it would be more appropriate for you to all visit the other Letchworth in New York (a bit south in Haverstraw). It was an asylum for the "feeble-minded" before it got shut down
biggrin.gif
. Its actually a bit creepy with large, abandoned stone buildings, broken glass and plants everywhere. There's even an old, abandoned power-station just for the facility since the "village" was so big. Bugweed, you're the first who should... um... visit...
smile_m_32.gif

~ Brett

Back