What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Letchworth Park

I think Scottychaos told me about this park. Scot (or anyone else who knows this park), where are some good bogs in Letchworth park? I was thinking of going in the the next couple of weeks, around when the D. rotundifolia should come out, and see S. purpurea flowers.

Many thanks,
-Ben

ooooh i'm not entirely sure, but if you find them, tell me where!!! i'm literally 20 minutes from there. i've hiked the entire Gorge Trail, from the lower falls to the upper, and i can safely say there are no bogs along that trail (the views, however, are AMAZING, and i wouldn't miss it!). believe me, i looked. i *think* the slope of the park goes up as you leave the mt. morris entrance, so any bogs are probably in that lower end.

here's one view from the Gorge Trail- these are the lower falls, the smallest. there were some wet, albeit shady, areas surrounding these falls but those trails branced off the main trail... worth poking at though.
letchworth9-05_lowerfalls1.jpg

If it is possible, maybe the 4 of us could visit Letchworth together and look. Do-able?

See, I wanted to do that, but my parents aren't too comfortable with me going to places with internet strangers. I thought if maybe my dad comes along, he'll feel better about it, though I dunno how I'd word it to him.
smile_h_32.gif
(Though, I know you guys well enough to trust you.)

EDIT: After reading through the old post I made a few months ago, I reread it a few times, and Scot said the bog was south of the park, not in it.

-Ben

I under stand how youre parents are Drosera36, i would love to go meet some one down south in NC and see a bunch of VFT's and S. minors and w/e is their (Flava?) in the wild! But unfortunetaly my mom doesnt trust internet people. (But she internet dates
confused.gif
)

Sorry not to be so off topic! Definetaly take pictures if you find some!

Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] (But she internet dates
confused.gif

That may be why she don't trust people from the internet. LOL

Send me the address of the park and I'll see what I can find for you.

LOL
smile_n_32.gif

1 Letchworth State Park
Castile, NY 14427.

-Ben

Quite understandable for parents to be wary of internet folks. When JBL, elegeck, and myself were in the process of formin the Southeast Pennsylvania Carnivorous Plants Society (SEPACPS), it was bestowed to me the responsibility to procure addresses of members and parental permission of teenagers. If your dad is willing come along, that would be great.

I found some areas thst are promising but they may not be part of the park, so they may not be protected. So I don'tfeel comfortable posting the info here.

SO!!!!! Toying with those who need your help! Just like an Alien! Promises, and NO follow through. Guys, grab a hydrology map for the region, and it will pinpoint any bog you want to see. Hard to keep information secret around here! All because of that Alien!

Bugweed what are you on? Youve gone insain the past few hours. Or is it just CP Spring Fever aka Sarracenia bloomidace!

Cheers

Hours? You are not very observant. He's been off his medications for a couple of weeks. Now he thinks the cp world is being taken over by aliens.

Bugweed, I think it's about time we got out the bomb squad to blow a hole in the earth to find the aliens' secret layer where they were implanting people with little devices that brainwash people and explode when the aliens are done with them!

-Ben

Hey bug...
alien.gif

Yeah, I kinda sorta got the idea off of Invaders from Mars, a kinda crummy movie.
smile_n_32.gif

-Ben

Well the past few days I havent been paying atention or been on much I rember hearing something about aleins awhile back but...

Interesting to say the least!
biggrin.gif

Cheers

I see you have assimilated my bud Ben, and Nep_Ak. Got'em thinkin' I'm off my meds, huh?? Jokes on you, Alien Ozzy! I have been sniffin----sarracenia pollen!! Muahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I crushed your meds up and switched your pollen stash with your powered meds. So in a few hours, all the little green men will be gone and bug will be back to normal.

Back