What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

random cars

• Thread starter bugfreak
  • Start date
just wanted to share a few random photos. it wasn't brutally hot this weekend so i met nathan out where his boss was racing.

here is one of my sexy little cutie-pie on his race miata:
DSC02078.jpg

this one's for the "rotor head." lots of RX-7s out there:
DSC01944.jpg

and here are some that just remind me of one fact. dang, i'm poor! well, at least i can say that i'm still passionate about my $8000 car and am enjoying it. *sniffle*
DSC02024.jpg

DSC02007.jpg

DSC01988.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

Where was this? Maybe I can make it out there next time. I like the 7's
smile.gif

I dont think the Lotus is that expensive. It's just uncomfortable and annoying on streets.

yeah i think that lotus is about some 70,000! thats really cheap for and exotic car and has one of the best handling in the world!

those were just random pics. the others are on the laptop and i don't feeling sorting through them. i'll try to post a few more later.

copcar, this was at Motor Sport Ranch in Cresson, TX (in tha boondocks headed towards Granbury on 377) hubby has some customers there and his boss is also a race car driver. we just went to spectate. memberships range from $3400 - $12000 initiation plus monthly dues and session fees, and optional garage rental.

you can see some of the tracks and other things here:
MSR Website

Lotus Elise has a base price of $42,990. Expensive, but still affordable for some. Go Mazda!
smile.gif

If anybody's in Westchester, NY on May 21st, my friends and I run an auto show which has gotten progressively bigger through the years. Currently the village of Scarsdale is shut down to accomodate all the cars. After the show tickets are raffled off for rides in some of the cars on a trip along the highway. Its a pretty fun event. Check it out at Scarsdaleconcours.com (my website
smile_m_32.gif
)

A few pictures:

dscn1510.jpg

dscn1525.jpg

dscn1526.jpg

dsc_0105_1.jpg

dscn1488.jpg

~ Brett

wowsers, nrbelex!
that's pretty awesome. looks like a fun get-together.

i dunno if anyone has noticed, but i'm a beetle freak. (it's like handing a shiny piece of foil to a little kid- easy to please and amuse) i still get happy and feel the need to show people my little toy- even though i've had it for two and a half years. so i apologize in advance for my unsusual infatuation and obsession with pookie and other new beetles. dunno where that came from.

at any rate, i here are a few more pics.

as larry said: Go Mazda! (miatas going around a corner)
DSC02073.jpg

random photos:
DSC02038.jpg

DSC02015.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

DSC01973.jpg

pookie the celica butt kisser:
IM000906.jpg

Zoom Zoom Zoom
biggrin.gif

Here's an old pic of my 6. It now has a sports grille instead of that chrome.
m6_after_zion.jpg

yeah, Zoom Zoom Zoom...

IM000652.jpg

our miata. picked it up for $850. it's being repaired currently. (apparently both of the flippity-do lights have to be able to come up to pass inspection)

nice 6, btw larry.

They let you pass if you prop them open and tell them that they dont go down.

btw: The kat in your sig looks so sad. I kinda feel sorry for him.

don't let Cat fool you. she loves me. i can't get her to run away no matter how hard i try
smile_m_32.gif

what have you got done to the rx-7, copcar?

Both of my rx7's that I have with me are stock. My race car and my FD are in south Georgia with my bro. I miss them.

I guess they are not totally stock. The red one has a full intake/exhaust, brakes, gutted interior, and a bunch of other small things. The black one has a modded carb, MSD box, exhaust, and a few other things.

The race car would take days to list everything, and the FD is stock with a blown engine.

You know I was driving down 30 today and I saw a black turbo beetle with a chick driving and the first thing to pop in my mind was "POOKIE" lol.

i'm sad. i miss having a "toy car"... fwiw, my girl friend is going out to the tire rack in indiana for the start of the one lap of america (used to be called the cannonball run).

www.onelapofamerica.com

tech...
my turbo is bigger than yours...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (technoracer @ May 01 2006,6:36)]i'm sad. i miss having a "toy car"... fwiw, my girl friend is going out to the tire rack in indiana for the start of the one lap of america (used to be called the cannonball run).

www.onelapofamerica.com

tech...
my turbo is bigger than yours...
sounds like fun. what's she drive and what do you drive? you'll have to get her to share some pics. i do believe the Gumball 3000 run started on April 30. i don't really follow either one but it seems like a cool thing to do if you've got the time, finances, and an awesome car.

Gumball 3000 website

she drives an 01 neon r/t with basic bpu mods (intake, exhaust, computer, coilovers, fat rear sway bar, with a long tube header to go on soon). she's a nut too, when she's driving. the term "leadfoot" is a giant understatement, lol!

i drive 2 different vehicles. most of the time, what i'm driving has an inline six, a giant turbo, and makes about 1250 ft lbs of torque. any guesses?

i also drive a 96 neon with an intake/exhaust, ported/polished intake mani, portmatched head, up'ed compression, and a bit of weight reduction. i was planning on modding this on a bit more, but have decided against it as it's showing rust in both 1/4 panels now. from here on out, it'll be just maintainence on it i think...
i've been thinking about srt-4's (two buddies have them), evo's, sti's and supercharged mustang cobras in the future. if i go for broke, it'll be the cobra all the way as they respond well to basic bpu mods and are one of the greatest sounding cars with an aftermarket exhaust, imo.

with the heat of texas, do you ever think about upgrading to a nice front mount intercooler?

tech...

Back