What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GOT IT!!!!!!!

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
we got the house, will be signing the paper work tomorrow or Wednesday and ill start hauling stuff to town on Thursday. it had been kinda touch and go all the way up to this morning but got word its a sure thing. finally ill have ROOM!

WooHoo!!! Congrats!

In 1 week you will be here complaining about the move. Nobody likes to move... lol

wow!!! congratulations!!! i wish i could say the same... our lease is up in this craphole in oct and hoping to purchase a home but it's not gonna happen that soon, it turns out.

at any rate, congrats to you! enjoy the house! moving alway sucks but hey- at least it's one with a happy connotation.

im moving from a trailer house into a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house with attatched garage and a shed wired with power in the back yard, a large utility room over half of which is MINE for plants and critters................moving is no problem. the house has 36 inch doors, borrow a buddies horse trailer and my brother and i can have everything moved in under 2 days if the wife will pack stuff in boxes while we haul furniature. its how fast i can get the wife convinced to move in completly as she wants to stay in the trailer till the end of May for a couple reasons none of which are a big deal to me
smile_n_32.gif

Congrats! Just remember to watch your knees when lifting the heavy stuff!!!

Way to go ! Now you'll find out who your real friends are when it's moving day ! Congrats !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Way to go ! Now you'll find out who your real friends are when it's moving day ! Congrats !!!

But watch out! Just because they show up, doesn't eliminate them from being secretly evil. Keep a mindful watch on whose car they're putting dem boxes in!!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Keep a mindful watch on whose car they're putting dem boxes in!!

lol im going to be moving $7,000 in guns alone..............like i said im borrowing my buddies horse trailer and moving myself
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Just remember to watch your knees when lifting the heavy stuff!!!

ugh dont remind me, had two major low pressure systems move through in the last week, thank god for Vicoden
smile_n_32.gif
dont worry, i have access to an appliance cart and our sectional breaks into 6 pieces. worst things to move will be the TVs and the frog tanks

All I can say is when is the moving in party?
smile_n_32.gif

Congratulations and welcome to the club. There isn't a secret handshake, but it'll try to take all your evenings and weekends. Don't let it. No matter what all the TV shows, magazines, and Home Depot ads say.

Ozzy, if you want to fly up ill have a party.

Bruce, still planning on spending most weekends this summer up at the lake camping, fishing and swimming. only working on the front yard this year, back yard waits till next year. the mainn floor of the house has been completly remodeled in the last 3 months as has about 1/2 the downstairs. not much work inside for us to do right now though we plan on redoing the other half of the down stairs in a couple years

took a freaking hour to sign the paperwork. hell the last time i bought a car from the moment i decided i wanted it to the time i signed the paperwork for the $14,000 loan and handed the dealer the check was 45 minutes. took over 20 days to get every lined up for a $64,500 loan...............rediculous..........and i cant even start moving stuff till Thursday night because of work!!!!!!!!!!
smile_n_32.gif

Congratulations buddy, sounds great. A new place to arrange for plants is alot more fun than trying to make room in a place that doesn't have it.

Joe

If there are no fruit trees on your property, plant a few.  You'll be glad you did -- 5 years from now.

lol you do realize im in the frozen north?most fruit trees that will actually grow here arent anything special, and even these are occationally killed by a wet winter

lol most of the time i dont like experiencing our winters. thanks for the link and actually i had planned on planting some. as the owner of the greenhouse i used to work at says, "yah got to plant trees every year here, most years the winter will kill them but the one year you dont will be the mild winter that allows them to get established."

im cutting down what trees are on the property. mostly its half dead siberian elms. will be looking for some replacements. also going to try a couple hardy grapes.

Back