What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP Herbal Remedies?

Cynic81

Frakkin Toaster
I was messing around on Amazon when I found this listing:
http://www.amazon.com/gp....3760901

It looks like they made pills out of D. rotundifolia and that it's a treatment for sore throat, dry cough, and a number of other throat-area problems. Anyone heard of this? And if so, is this legit or some kind of CP snake oil potion?

IIRC then there we actually some uses of certain Drosera poducts that were legit. However, things like VFT extract and things along those lines seem to be as you say "snake oil."

interesting ~ that price is so cheap its gotta be cut with other additives ,oils or just good ole h2o ~ the smallest of tincture samples would suck up and wipe out my whole tiny sun dew collection

put unopened Nep juice on a burn and it take most of the pain away!
alex

I have a friemd in England that grows flats of D.binata, and harvests the leaves for a European pharm. co. and makes a pretty good buck (or should I say pound?) for a kilo of it. I think it might be an ingredient in Riccola cough drops, not sure though. I don't think D. rotundifolia is used all that much these days.

Have also read of successful wart removal using sundewgoo, and as everyone probably knows rubbing Nepenthes flowers on your ears acts like viagara.

The real health benefit is in spending time relaxing and admiring the beauty of creation that produced these lovely miracles. A dose of that a day is prescribed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and as everyone probably knows rubbing Nepenthes flowers on your ears acts like viagara.

LOL! I hadn't head of that one yet! Testing time!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The real health benefit is in spending time relaxing and admiring the beauty of creation that produced these lovely miracles. A dose of that a day is prescribed.

Could never OD on that.

Back