What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wow - powerful

Well, what I like about it is that it's more down to Earth than a lot of things we hear. It isn't all f' this, f' you, everything's f'ed- the lyrics don't rely on dirty words to be powerful, but instead words are used to create a powerful message.

This is something that I could sooner take seriously than some of the other protest songs. Don't get me wrong, there's some good ones out there, but there is also quite a bit of garbage.

And if nothing else, it's thought provoking.

Thanks for the link, Phil.

Had to listen to "Stupid Girls" while I was at it. Gotta give her credit for saying whats on her mind and delivering it in a way that gets you to listen 'till she's finished. She definitely doesn't pull punches. Now if the higher ups would just pay attention and not blow it all off as "whining"......

I'm sure that even if he heard it he wouldn't understand it. His mind is so distorted that he really believes he's doing the right things. And we called Dan Quayle dumb.

OZZY, I'm reminded of how Biggun110 refers to him: 'Shrub'.

Trust me, John Edwards in 2008.

I'd vote for Peewee Herman if it get this murder out.

I'll throw my hat into the ring! I will run on the "CP in every backyard" ticket. Should be a shoo in. At last! The BIG TIME!!!! I can restore the country to the way it was, and get the big corporations totally banned from making contributions politically. NO lobbyists. No rich folks can be President. Only those at the same level as the rest of the people can even apply. The rich are too out of touch, and neither party is really thinking about this country or the Constitution or Bill of Rights. We SSTOP using gas, and convert to ethanol while searching other avenues for better ways to get clean fuel. To hell with the middle east and their problems. Let them go back to the Stone Age if that is where they want to be. Oh, yeah! And legalize medical mary jane. It works for many people and it is wrong for the powers that be to keep it from them.

I dunno, I might be a strong contender on the platform of "Vote for me or my army of death robots will kill you all". After all, at least I'll admit to being an evil, unstable megalomaniac bent on global domination.

Why elect petty crooks when you can vote for a supervillian: Mokele for President!

HOLD THE PHONE!! Now I recognize Henry to be a full fledged meglamaniac, and he's plenty evil too! But! Prerequisite for Pres is to not attempt Total World Domination. Instead, YOU HAVE TO honor and restore the Constitution and all the rest, without the aid of the "righteous Christian Right". Dolts everyone of them!!!! And, you have to hold our rights above all else. Other than that, welcome to the race Henry! It will be my pleasure to kick yore butt at election time!!!!!! LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed her song. She can sing very well. I'm not even a fan, but this song may have changed that. Like one person said it is articulate and to the point.

Got the wife to get her up on her Wi-Fi. WOW!! Same thing I have been saying, but she's better at it. Told ya. Rich jerks are out of touch. We need someone more like the rest of us. Working stiffs who DO KNOW what hard work is. Plain that the Pres. does not. He does seem to understand personal greed, and pandering. Time to rectify that mistake. Say it with votes.

I'd rather say it with a 7.62 X 39.

Can we add some measure of intellectual curiosity to our presidential wishlist?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mokele @ April 29 2006,11:13)]I dunno, I might be a strong contender on the platform of "Vote for me or my army of death robots will kill you all".  After all, at least I'll admit to being an evil, unstable megalomaniac bent on global domination.
Narf!

Hey, Brain, what are we going to do tonight?

Back