What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASCAR

TALLADEGA DAY
Yeeee Haaaaw.  I got plenty of pizza, hot peppers, chips/salsa, Bud and just a wee bit of Wild Turkey for seven friends coming over to watch.  Hope nobody falls off the balcony.
I am pumped...the 6 car is starting 10th...less than .5 second slower than polesitter Sadler.
Martin is in 4th place in the standings...only 66 points behind leader Kenseth...Mark just happens to own the 17 car.  Mark is also #1 in the owners points standings.
Anybody else rooting for Martin/Kennseth/The
blues.gif
"Cat in the Hat"?
Who else is going to be watching?
I hope the "big one" don't happen today.

I will be watching on and off today. Doing some replanting and splitting of some plants.

It seems a lot of people do not like the restrictor plate racing, but I love it. I hope that there are no crashes, I love it because of the tight racing that happens. Gotta be carefull when you decide to jump out of line, or back you go.

Rusty has retired, so I root for Edwards now. Martin would be my second driver I root for.

RAIN!! Go AWAY. I can't afford to take off work tomorrow if the race gets postponed. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

I like the big one.
smile.gif

People who don't watch Nascar, are trying to figure out what we're talking about. lol.

RAIN DELAY !! NOW WHAT AM I'M GOING TO DO WITH ALL THIS BEER?

mad.gif

Same problem here Ozzy.  Four pizzas and two whole cases of beer left but  the "Turkey" is almost empty.
Fortunately five of my seven friends are calling in sick...shark bite, whooping cough, anthrax  etc...today and coming over to watch the race.

All the people calling in sick for the race will be counted in for more people calling out for the Day without immagrants thng... At least go out and buy some extra stuff to show we don't need them.
smile_m_32.gif
I'm gonna Tivo the race and watch it later.
Andrew

I will do my part adnedarn.  I have to go out and buy a new bottle of Wild Turkey.
I wonder if any of the protesters will show up at the track?  That would be interesting.

Methinks there isn't a great deal of overlap between the NASCAR and immigration crowds and little likelihood anyone will confuse them.

I got up this morning, I went to work even though I really wasn't feeling very well. I have four blisters on my feet from breaking in my new snake boots Saturday on a 20 mile hike through the woods. I got to work and I was limping really bad. I made sure my boss saw me. He suggested that I put band aids on them. So I took my boots off and he saw the blisters. By lunch time, I was really feeling bad. There wasn't much going on at work, so I decided I was way too sick, and in too much pain to go on. So I told my boss I was leaving, He told me to tape the race for him.
I missed the first wreck, but I heard it on the radio. After I got home I started feeling way better. It seems that the Talladaga flu only lasts long enough to get you home to watch the race. Man this beer tastes good. Tomorrow I might just have the Budweiser flu.

Back