What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RO filter questions

• Thread starter prizmbatch
  • Start date
ok so i've been buying water for a while now but now that i have 100 plus gallons worth of fish tanks i think it's time for my own filter. so is 265 a good price for one? how exactly do they work? where do you put it to use it? is there a filter that you have to replace every once in a while, how much do they cost? thanks for all your help with my hundreds of questions!!!
smile.gif

Hello, You can spend MUCH less on ebay. But I stick with watts premier generally... You can get a 5 stage from them for $199 from their site. A major bonus of this is, you can buy the filter kit from them for $33.95 (free shipping arrives to me over night) or if you dont' want the polishing filter (not nessasary for plants....) you can get that kit for $24.95. see both of these here. (first 2 filter kits.)
Andrew

it's for my fush to but i'm not totally sure what i need

If you're using it for your fish... I assume it's a salt water tank?

nope south american, aggressive tank, but i live in tx so my water is very hard and has tons of calcium which means i have awful ph levels

I have an Aquasafe I got on ebay. It's $99 right now:
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUASAFE-100GPD-HOME-PLUS-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-WATER-FILTER_W0QQitemZ4458433830QQcategoryZ20684
QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUASAF....iewItem</a>

I love it!!! It's soooooo much easier than using distilled. You won't regret it. By the way, the link goes to the same vendor I used. I had a good experience. By the way, I got an extra tank so I'd have more water in reserve at any given time. I also recommend that!

Capslock

Aquasafe from ebay. Great deal. Instructions are a joke, but we can help.

Back