What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of the Living Dead 5: Necropolis

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
hey this just finally came out today! I read about it over a year ago in the FX mags but all but forgotten about it.

I love horror flicks especially the Return of the Living Dead series. This one is a multinational corporation who's creating zombies in their human research dept but covering up like all they do is make twinkies and other great stuff for mankind.

yeah, the main charachters are dopey teenagers like all flicks but the stills I saw of cybernetically enhanced WMD zombies and caged zombies being fed brains, cloned in vitro zombie fetuses, etc. was what made me have to see it. If you dig this kinda crazy stuff you'll love this! Really great soundtrack too including Alice Cooper (newer stuff but AC no less).

BRAINS!
mad.gif

Woooh! I'll have to watch it some time. I'll keep an eye out on the late night movie at one of the theaters around here, they play good stuff like that sometimes.

Hahahah, Return of the living dead is just too funny (in a bloody mess sort of way.) Can't wait to see it!

Oops, I meant it was out today on DVD, it's so bad it went straight to DVD... But that's the way I like 'em!
smile_n_32.gif

My fave is still Return of the Living Dead #2 with all the punk rockers partying in the graveyard and the punker zombies at the end... "Do ya wanna partay!?"

A friend of mine Dan Perez sculpted a great statue of Tarman zombie from the basement scene of ROTLD#2:
Dan Perez Tarman statue

Return of the living dead 2 was awesome. linnea quigley dancing on the tombstone.
Swords, I've noticed your sculptures and was curious if you've worked in horror films. I did a few blood effects for for several low budgets in florida. Also worked for an animatronics company for three years

I think the best zombie-calypse movie was the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

I saw it several months ago, and i still have nightmares sometimes about it. That's the mark of a good horror flick.

YESSS!!! The Tombstone scene was quite a big influence on this little freak when he saw it the first time way back when...
I've been looking for a woman like that ever since!  
laugh.gif

No, never did any film sculpting sure would love to someday though. I've got the clay for it! Every october I sculpt a halloween mask out of Monster Makers FX Oil Clay just as practice to use the media.This stuff seems like a blend of clay and parafin or stiff beeswax as it can be melted to a liquid and poured. Don't know if you've used Chavant NSP but that's pretty nice stuff-a lot spendier though!

Scott nothing came up on that link for me but text but my PC is stone age (at least 3 years old w/ no graphics capabilities) maybe doesn't handle online games?

Never worked with chavant.
We sculpted a life size Hippo with water based clay outside in mid july in Florida. Four paople sculpting and one with a garden hose keeping it wet. Never completed a scultpure so quickly in my life.

What did you use for an armature inside of it?

I saw some good shots of lifesize dinos in the sculpting process from Charlie McGrady studios. The only thing keeping me from trying that is not having a garage/warehouse to do it in!
smile_n_32.gif

2x4s and chicken wire... and the garage and the warehouse was, of course, a help.
smile_m_32.gif

Back