What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

insecticides and fungicides

ok i was wandering what insecticides and fungicides i can ,safely, use with my CPs?

I believe that Orthro is OK to use, but I am not 100% sure.

Yea I found some little whiteish bugs on the new VFT's I got and was wondering what I should do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (reg @ May 04 2006,5:54)]ok i was wandering what insecticides and fungicides i can ,safely, use with my CPs?
bump

For fungicide use Cleary 3336 WP
and for insecticide use orthene 75sp / asphate 75sp (same thing)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ May 21 2006,10:37)]For fungicide use Cleary 3336 WP
and for insecticide use orthene 75sp / asphate 75sp (same thing)
Andrew, where do you get this?

I got the Cleary 3336 from petflytrap.com. In my experience the orthene is kinda expensive and you have to buy enough to spray a whole farm field, not practical for a small CP collection. I've been using sevin on the VFT's to kill aphids with no adverse effects so far.

Jimscott- yah, the cleary you can get from PFT. I actually don't have it. Back in the day when i used to use the fridge for dormancy i used captain- I guess it worked. Although i did lose some plants i don't think it was to fungus... I was new to CPs back then.
As to the orthene 75 sp. I got it from a bulk horticulture store here that supplies to companies... and did have to buy alot. I sent some to Tamlin, and gave some to Pingman... And still have a decent amount sitting around... It doesn't go bad that i know of so i'm not worried about have it around. But recently i did see asphate 75sp (asphate is the active ingreedient in the above product) in a Do it yourself pest control store. They had it labled for ants. Stuff stinks pretty bad, so be prepared for that.
smile_m_32.gif
The can there wasn't too over kill in size, it would last you quite a while and i think it was under 20 bucks.
Andrew

In the meantime a spray that has Pyrethrum. I'll have to look around for asthate and Google of a local DIY pest control store.

Back