What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
For those of you who follow American Idol, I'm curious as to people's take on the final four.

Any opinion on the contestants? Who do you think will win? Who do you think SHOULD win?

Tough question now.

Elliot is my least favorite, but did the best job last night.

Chris is awesome, but I fear he apeals to a narrow audience (we're talking country wide, here).

Kathrine is a fantastic singer, and HOT HOT HOT....but she blew it last night. Not too badly, but at this point in the competition, you can't make those mistakes.

Taylor - good singer, fantastic performer. Might actually be my favorite.

Tough to decide!

Vote the mean judge off and the lady who always seems to try and vote opposite to what he does!

Go Elliot!!!! Rip em up boy!!!! Awww heck, I never wanted to be an idol anyways.

i'm so sad chris is gone now but i would have to say taylor is my favorite. although people like catherine b/c shes pretty.

Pretty? Did you say PRETTY? Dude...that is the understatement of the year.

However, that is NOT why I like her. She is, after all, a good singer. Last nigth wasn't her best night, and she should have gone, but for the fact that her style of singing appeals to a larger audience that Chris.

I, too, was sad to see Chris go....But someone had to, and they ALL deserved to be there IMHO. I knew I'd be bummed no matter who went!

Now, I think I'm going to have to root for Taylor. He's just too much fun...though Kat is a close second....Ask me tomorrow and I may switch that, lol.

Wow...what a shocker of a show last nite!  Did you see the strain on Cat's face.  I was disappointed to see she didn't get kicked off.

Although I really liked Chris a lot and I'm sorry to see him go, I was thrilled to see Taylor and Elliott in the top 2.

I have to confess I started this thread to see what people thought of Elliott.  Elliott is from Richmond so of course everybody here is rooting for him.  BUT Elliott also has a fantastic voice, he's grown a lot throughout the competition (which is part of what its all about) and is such a genuine and humble person.  I know he's not a hottie and doesn't ooze personality but...this is a singing contest and people shouldn't be basing votes on looks.  Also Elliott is diabetic and 90% deaf in one ear.  So he's dealing with challenges the others don't have.  GO ELLIOTT!!!  
biggrin.gif

Here at my office, we get a little bit of the inside scoop as one of our agents is a friend of Elliott's mother.  His mother is living in Hollywood with relatives while he's there.  She's become a little bit of a celebrity herself.  So our agent calls her from time to time to ask about what's going on.  His mother said that the nite of the Stevie Wonder performance, a man and woman sat down in the audience in front of her.  They kinda blocked her view.  So, being the rather pushy lady she is, she leaned forward to ask them to move a little bit so she could see.  She told them "I am Elliott's mom!"...the woman replied "I am Stevie Wonder's daughter!"  
laugh.gif
 She said her Dad LOVED Elliott.  YAY!

Cat McPhee is pretty...she can sing but she isn't an "American Idol".  She's classically trained.  She would do good on Broadway.  I just can't see any album she'd release being any too popular.  She's milk toast in my opinion.

Taylor I have loved from the very beginning.  Taylor, above anyone else, LOVES music.  He FEELS it in every atom of his soul and it shows.  Yeah, he's a little wacky...but I like that.

I've been voting for Taylor and Elliott all the way through...and others too like Chris and Kellie.  But Cat needs to go.

I hope the final comes down to Taylor and Elliott.  I'm proud of how well Elliott, the hometown boy, has done. I can tell you Richmond has Elliott fever.  There are car stickers, signs, T-shirts and even billboards saying "VOTE FOR ELLIOTT!"  
smile.gif

p.s. Tamlin would get my vote of course if he were on the show.
biggrin.gif
He's a great performer himself. I'd really like to see Taylor and Tamlin perform. That would be a show!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 11 2006,9:14)]Wow...what a shocker of a show last nite! Did you see the strain on Cat's face. I was disappointed to see she didn't get kicked off.

Although I really liked Chris a lot and I'm sorry to see him go, I was thrilled to see Taylor and Elliott in the top 2.

Cat McPhee is pretty...she can sing but she isn't an "American Idol". She's classically trained. She would do good on Broadway. I just can't see any album she'd release being any too popular. She's milk toast in my opinion.

p.s. Tamlin would get my vote of course if he were on the show.
biggrin.gif
He's a great performer himself. I'd really like to see Taylor and Tamlin perform. That would be a show!
I think katherine was shocked herself that she didn't get voted off, I thought between the two of them it would sure be her. Seriously I thought chris would have made it to the semis...he's a d@mn good singer. Even he was shocked.

Taylor is bursting with energy, although he dances sorta with spasms...but I can see he's lovin' every minute of it, and the audience too.
smile.gif

Nah I'd say about half the music industry is based on looks today, compare that with the amazing songs produced some decades years ago...some ppl now (singers) can barely sing compared with the artists before. There wasn't all that equipment that can make u look like you're singing when you're not, know what I mean?
smile_m_32.gif

Kat is a hottie. I don't watch the show, but I see clips of it on the morning news show.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But Cat needs to go.

Feeling a little catty, are we?
smile_n_32.gif

I disagree - chick can SING! Ballads are not dead (though not really my cup of tea), and she'll make major sales with that voice.

And major video sales with that look - It may be billed as a singing competition, but it's not on the radio. Therefore it's a performing competition, no matter what anyone says. Being hot is a huge help.

While Elliot has a great voice, he has summer teeth, which is going to ultimately loose the competition to the better looking Cat or Taylor.

Uh...what are summer teeth?  
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Feeling a little catty, are we?
GROAN!

I'm not denying "the chick" can sing.  But there is something in her personality that turns me off.  I still think she is milk toast.  I think a contestant who *flubs lyrics* THIS late into the competition needs to GO.  
smile_n_32.gif
 She can go be a model and sing in a karaoke bar.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Uh...what are summer teeth?

Thank you for asking! I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to use my punch line!

Summer this way, summer that way.....

LOL Schloaty! You are BAD!

Hey...you can fix bad teeth. But once milk toast, always milk toast.
smile_n_32.gif

You know, PAK, I'll take her milk on my toast any time!
596.gif

Sadly I catch enough of the show before House to know what you guys are talking about.
smile_h_32.gif

I don't really like that Cat girl either... I used to know this airhead of extraordinary magnitude, and Cat reminds me a lot of her. Her mannerisms, the things that come out of her mouth... eerie. So that kinda ruins her for me at least. She's really sultry when she's sad or worried, but the second she's excited or happy the effect just shatters. Weird.

I guess I'm for that Taylor guy. Wouldn't it be great to see the contest won by a guy who looks like he's pushing 40?
smile.gif

Beat 'em with personality, dude!

Well...tonite is the big nite!  It'll all come down to three songs.  I can tell you all Richmonders will be sitting on the edge of their seats.

I hope Kat sings like she did last week...BAD.  
laugh.gif
 I saw Simon Cowl on Jay Leno last nite and he said Kat should have been kicked off, not Chris.

At any rate, for a guy who is 90% deaf in one ear, has NO vocal training or performance experience (other than a few times at karoake), I think Elliott has done damm good against a girl who has had many years of classical voice training and guys who have both sung and performed PROFESSIONALLY (Chris and Taylor).

Elliott, more than any of the final 4-5, has personified what American Idol is all about.  Raw talent that takes on the competion, takes advantage of the instruction, learns from it and puts it into action.  He's grown a lot over the weeks.  He's not still in this competition because of his looks like Kat.  He's there because there ARE people out there who love music and singing who recognize and appreciate his talent and his humble and kind personality, and his scrappiness for continuing to fight to stay in the competition week after week despite people putting him down about his appearance.

VOTE LIKE YAMIN IT!!  VOTE for Elliott, the Yamin Machine!  
smile.gif

Let the finals be Elliott and Taylor!  Send Kat back to the Kat house.  
smile_l_32.gif

I would be happy with either Elliott or Taylor winning. I've always loved Taylor and voted for him as well as Elliott.

I'm rooting Taylor and Elliott. Elliott has gotten better and better every week, and Taylor is fun to watch perform, and has an underrated voice. Kat is fun to look at, but I don't think she even knows what she's singing, as she has the same look on her face no matter what the lyrics are. She needs a bit more edge to her personality. She has a good voice, she just needs to hit the road and get some life experience to back it up.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ May 12 2006,10:45)]Sadly I catch enough of the show before House to know what you guys are talking about.
smile_h_32.gif
Ya mean like Full House?

Hay, it's Taylor all the way! Personally, from the beginning, I thought it would be Paris, but...

I think Caps nailed it with regards to Cat...

With the exception of Somewhere over the Rainbow last night - that was almost a flawless performance.

Unfortunately for Elliot Fans, I don't think he "brought it" last night. He was good, but I don't think he was at his full potential. Both Cat and Taylor, IMHO, outperformed him.

Back